Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:52:48 AM

Author Topic: Loosing steps on servos  (Read 4075 times)

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
Loosing steps on servos
« on: September 25, 2006, 08:24:09 AM »
I posted a reply on someone elses post but think I might have a diff problem,
   My problem is I am loosing steps when the part i am cutting is getting to a step up and then ramps down. I have watched
the run and it looses a few steps every time it gets to the lip or shelf and the z axis is brought up , and it seems not to be
as bad if I am cutting the part really slow like 2 ipm but it would take hours to run the part..
    I know its something in the settup that I have done but the Z axis DRO would show at 0 plan but the bit would be
at .01 above the part and it just gets higher as the program runs .
    Is that something in the dwell settup that my comp or servos are not able to keep up with . The G code is showing correctly where
the tool should be but the servo is at a different hight ..
      I am using V3 1.9  , and gecko 301 with the servos , might be 302s
   THanks for any help
GaryV
Re: Loosing steps on servos
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 08:53:16 AM »
When operating properly servos should never loose steps. You can have following error in the drive where the servo is still trying to reach position.

If you are losing steps the control pulses from Mach or the encoder are not being seen by the servo controller.

Darel
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 09:16:46 AM »
you may need to shield your lines OR you need line drivers for the encoders
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 12:52:20 PM »
thanks for the replies but I do have sheilded cables but they are run next to the power lines with the motor.
   but what type of rdivers are you talking about Brian software or a amplifier?
I have never had this problem until upgade to ver 3.. Ver 2 was working fine ..
  THanks
Gary V

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 01:46:37 PM »
OK guys thanks for all the help and I solved the problem ..... ::)
It ended up being a screw loose behind the keyboard . In my rush last night I didnt tighten the mill collet up good enough
and the tool was creapin up on the cut just tight enough to cut but was being pushed  up a few thou every path,,
    Man do I feel stupid , so go ahead and give me the bussiness about this I desearve it...

Appreciate the help though , I was just testing you all ,, and I must say you passed..
 ;D
Garyv