Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 08:41:34 AM

Author Topic: New guy here. Hi ya! Question on new install and jogg just to see DRO read  (Read 5078 times)

I don't have a machine hooked up yet, but should n't I be able to see a change in reading of the DRO?  I'm going through the download/install/configure manual and don't see anything telling me I'm doing something incorrectly??  Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rooney

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Check the Jig control is switched on, main page in the middle near the bottom if I remember.
Hood
Thanks, Hood.

Nother question......if I have the parallel port driver installed with no machine hooked up, can I fry my parallel port?

Thanks,
Rooney

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
No, your port will be fine :)
Hood
Thank Goodness!

Thanks, will report on success or failure.
Figured it out( Or did I?) by accident.   I don't think that jog was turned off.  I wasn't properly configured :)(watched the video instead of following the manual) .....or the multiple times (3) of re-installing Mach3 fixed  my problem????  Whatever...I can jog and run a program with nothing connected yet.  Stay tuned for more questions stemming from inexperience.

Thanks, Hood!

Rooney
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:16:30 PM by rooney »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Roony
 good to hear but please post further questions in the General part of the forum as more people are likely to see them and you will likely get quicker responses :)
Hood
Will do.

Thanks again, Hood.

Rooney
Re: New guy here. Hi ya! Question on new install and jogg just to see DRO read
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 05:00:03 PM »
Hi New Guy,  Could you tell where to find the video you used.  I'm having the same problems as you described.  Thank you  Timykel2007

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New guy here. Hi ya! Question on new install and jogg just to see DRO read
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 05:03:43 PM »
support tab at the top of this page then tutorial videos

Hood