Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:24:21 AM

Author Topic: Mach Mill and G76  (Read 3592 times)

Mach Mill and G76
« on: July 11, 2009, 09:30:16 AM »
Recently I started using my mill as a vertical lathe for a couple of projects.  I setup some gang tooling along the Y-axis to avoid manual tool changes.  Everything is working out great, but now I want to add some threading.  I took some G76 threading code to integrate into my current jobs, and Mach Mill complains that it doesn't recognize the G76 code.  I was a little surprised that it didn't recognize it since I thought Mach used common code between the two.  Is there any easy way to add support for G76 in Mill?

I've avoided using Lathe for this setup since I don't want to go through the hassle of making a new Lathe screen with a Y-axis to handle the gang tool setup.  I suppose if there is already a 3-axis lathe screen out there I'd be happy to use that as well (I haven't found one yet so if anyone knows of one, please let me know.)

Let me know if anyone has thoughts on this.

Thanks
Chris

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach Mill and G76
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 06:43:29 AM »
Not really sure why you would need a Y axis unless you dont have the tools in line but anyway afraid your only option is to use Turn. Just rename your Mill screen with the file extension .lset and use that for your turn profile.
Hood
Re: Mach Mill and G76
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 09:05:56 AM »
The reason for the Y-axis is that I need to move along it to get to each new tool.  So zero on one tool may be X0 Y0, but the next one might be at X0.05 Y1.5. 

Anyway, thanks for the idea of just renaming the mill profile.  That seems to be working out just fine.

Thanks
Chris