Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:48:19 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 error: No Shuttle of type selected  (Read 11654 times)

Mach3 error: No Shuttle of type selected
« on: July 10, 2009, 07:30:46 PM »
I get this error from Mach3 after setting up a Taig mill, Gecko G540 and Mach3. The parallel port is recognized, I went through setup, the green light on the Gecko comes on and the motors were slightly warm but never moved. The red Reset button in Mach3 is blinking and I cannot shut it off.

Anyone ever hear of this error? The only question I have is on the G540 instructions which say in Step 6 to jumper positions 10 and 12. I didn't do this as Step 7 says to hook the E-Stop switch to the same positions.

A motor wiring problem? Any ideas?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 error: No Shuttle of type selected
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:02:43 PM »
Hi, Dbvogt

You can change the Active Low state to this in Ports & Pins,  Then Mach will reset, But in the end you still need to get a E-Stop pin assigned and working.

Chip
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 08:39:03 PM »
The no shuttle error is a warning that you have the shuttle plug-in installed, but do not have a shuttle plugged in. Just delete the shuttle.dll file form the plugin folder and restart mach. Or just ignore the message, its harmless.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 02:32:52 PM »
That did it, thank you! At least now my motors work and I can tweak the settings. The setup had all number 1's in for the Port # and Index wasn't enabled.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 04:17:49 PM »
Spoke too soon. The motors work but only in one direction, they will not reverse using the jog buttons. In addition, the Z axis doesn't work but if I switch the cable for the Z axis motor from the Z to the Y axis connector on the Gecko 540, it works. I've gone through Mach3's settings numerous times but nothing about reversing the motors. The non-working Z axis might be a Gecko problem.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »
Sounds like you dont have the Dir signals wired up correctly, either that or you have the wrong pins asigned in Mach or maybe even the wrong port.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 10:00:12 PM »
That's right - the pin settings were off and Dir settings were all wrong. It's been a long day and I was uncertain just what I had to set in Mach. A person could make a career out of setting up Mach. Anyway, thanks for the tip!