Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:48:51 AM

Author Topic: Digitizing  (Read 100290 times)

Re: Digitizing
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 11:57:53 AM »
Here are the files in Solidworks format, IGES, I have also included a Solidworks Viewer file for people who dont have this software, and a brief notes file IGES files can be pulled into most Cad packages.

Hope this is of help.

Shaun

Hello Shaun,
nice design and works  :)

Many thanks for Solidworks files  :)
Francis

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 09:41:52 AM »
Thanks for that Shaun
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 04:24:15 PM »
Here are the files in Solidworks format, IGES,
Shaun

Hello Shaun
I found a small electrical mismatch, the first picture's not electricaly correct the second picture's correct.

Hope that help
Francis

Offline Shaun

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 04:37:17 PM »
Yes I agree however in my defence I did re-draw the other day, about a year after making it and didn't check,

Thank you for the correction I will also correct the model

shaun......
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 05:20:20 PM by Shaun »
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 04:00:28 PM »
Art here is the little pistol grip I was testing the digitizing plugin on. Please notice the two black lines with arrows. The line that runs the lenght of the grip has three arrows on it. The arrow at the bottom of that line is where we are having trouble. Everything has probed  fine till we reach this point then the z axis does not lift after making contact, but backs up the clearence amount and stops. On all the rest of the moves where it would contact the surface from the side it would back up, raise up a little and try again. Once contact was made it proceeded along with no problems. The led shows the switch is broken right now but not once did it try to lift to clear.

Mike

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 09:46:33 PM »
Mike:

You need to straighten out that edge. Your accel is probably a bit low, so by the time the probe makes on that edge, 5 backups wont get off. Striaghten the edge so it doesnt hit so accutely.. IT will likely work then..

Art
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 11:24:49 PM »
Art sorry about being so long in getting back. I am about to become grandpa for the 6th time either tonight or in the morning. We have had lots to do this afternoon.

Now you know me well enough to know that what I about to say may not sound like my normal kind and gentle self.....but I'm still me.

It is going to be impossible for everyone who probes a part to lay that part so the program will work. If I make that angle more in line with the y axis, then the other side of the grip is going to replicate it so the problem will only be moved to the other side. I have lots of products that are much more complicated that this one and I can see lots of problems if I have to plan out the position of the part based on whether the plugin will work on it or not. Do you follow what I'm trying to say here?

My accel is about a high as I can get it with my current setup. This is a brand new setup for me using Mach 3 as I have used Mach2 till this plugin was available. Could debounce be part of the problem? I have not messed with debounce so it should be at default. I'm grasping at anything right now.

Mike

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 12:58:11 PM »
Mike:

:) , I didnt suggest straightening as a long term option. Probeing is something that will have to have a few "strategies". At the moment, we have only the Grid stategy. This will work for many things, but we'll need more to deal with other things. Your acute edge is a perfect example. A spiral strategy I think will fix that one, The point of the test so far is to find the weaknesses in it, and its doing pretty well, but I dont think there is any "one fits all" type of probing that will work. IT will take a few output types in terms of movements. The grid is fine, but I think Ill revise it to make it more easily rectangualr, then Ill add a spiral. In order to maintain safety, rather than try to override the pullup and pullout behaviours which seem to have proved themseves, I think simply different shape strategies will be the final solution. I shoudl have another one soon. :)

Thanks
Art
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 01:03:08 PM »
Thanks Art,

Now I understand much better. See I was under the impression that the square sequence probe with the current pullback and up system was it. Now I see that this is just the beginning. I'll help you in any way I can. Just tell me when.

Mike
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 05:41:31 AM »
Shaun,
Could you provide drawings of the probe build showing dimensions etc. It would be very helpfull for non Solid Works users and I am sure there is a few of us out there.
Thanks
Jim