Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:10:20 PM

Author Topic: Output Behavior  (Read 3623 times)

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
Output Behavior
« on: June 23, 2011, 10:11:43 PM »

I used Machscreen to make some buttons to control outputs. I assigned the functions Flood ON, Flood OFF, Mist ON, Mist OFF, Output 5 ON, Output 5 Off  to the buttons. All of the 'ON' buttons cause the outputs to make a 100ms pulse, rather than change state from high-to-low or low-to-high. Why is that and how do I get the buttons to change the state of the output until I hit an 'OFF' button?

I doubt this is a Machscreen issue, so I posted here.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Output Behavior
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 06:35:06 AM »
To make a button switch an output you would make that button a VB button. Then when you open the screenset in Mach you would go to Operator menu then Edit Button scripts. The VB buttons will be flashing so you click the one you want and the editor opens and you type your VB there, save and exit.

To switch on and output, for example Output 1 you would have the following VB in the button

ActivateSignal(OutPut1)

To switch that off again your other button would have

DeActivateSignal(OutPut1)

If thats not what you are after post again and I am sure you will get some help.
Hood

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »

Thank you Hood. I'll give that a go.

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 02:02:56 PM »

I get the same results. When in the VB window, I press the play button using your ActivateSignal(OutPut1) statement. The output still pulses for about 100ms rather than stay in the ON state. This is going to a DSPMC that emulates the Mach3 outputs, so maybe this is a DSPMC issue. I'll post there.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 08:21:58 AM »
Dear pofo

i m having the same problem i gues.
i want to control a relay with Activate(Output1) command.
it drives  pin1  on  and off. It doesnt stay on.  Did you find any answer to your problem?

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 10:08:01 AM »

Yes. It was a stupid mistake. The outputs don't behave unless the reset button on the Mach3 screen is RESET.