Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:25:07 AM

Author Topic: Hysterese  (Read 9793 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Hysterese
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 05:53:38 PM »
10 is the maximum as far as I am aware but you can change them to what you want, for example if you wanted 10 then 1 then 0.1 you could do that on general config page. Alternatively you could make up VB buttons for different amounts and they would enter the chosen increment direct into the DRO.

I just deleted things from my mill screenset and use that on the lathe, it needs a bit of work and I will do that at some point but for the moment its fine and I much prefer it to the standard lathe screenset.
Hood

Offline jaja

•  68 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 06:07:20 PM »
Looks very professional to me Hood.

Your explanation about the VB script and the direct input in the DRO's shows that there are lots of possibility's in mach, and also that there is a long way to go for me.
Have been reading a lot, and I have seen a lot on you tube, but the process of building these extras on my own lathe is very time consuming.
But your help is great!

gr jaja

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 06:19:25 PM »
an alternative is just to type direct into the DRO and press the enter key.

If you wanted to make a VB button you would use Screen4 to add it to the screenset and then once back in Mach you would go to the operator menu then Edit Button Scripts. The VB Buttons would flash and if you click on the one you just made you can enter the VB. For example if you wanted a button to enter 10 into the DRO it would be

Call SetOemDRO (828,10)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 08:46:37 PM »
jaja,
You can change the jog increment values in your configuration. See attachment.
RICH

Offline jaja

•  68 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 07:52:17 AM »
Hood,

That is precisely the information I'm interested in.

As soon as there is time, I'm going to try out (still have to work for my living) :(

thanks

gr jaja

Offline jaja

•  68 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 08:29:46 AM »
Rich,

Thanks for your answer.
All the help on this forum is great.

Changing the values is also explained in the manual of mach3 (which i read over and over again)

But I was wondering if there is a possibility to connect these values to a "trim-pot", and then pick a value by turning the trim-pot.
The answers from Hood already explained that it is not possible to go higher or lower,,, you just  cycle through all the values. It is not possible to go one step higher, and then one step lower again. You have to go all the way up or down.
Or is there another way of doing so??
gr jaja

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 09:14:34 AM »
Put the values in a different order.
RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 09:36:20 AM »
If you have analogue inputs then you could use a Pot to give variable increments, a better way however would probably be to have a rotary switch. You could then have a brain or macro pump to  enter a number into the DRO depending on the position of the switch. You would however need inputs for each increment you wanted so if you wanted 10 different then you would need 10 inputs.
 If you dont have that many spare inputs on your parallel ports you could get a PoKeys, it would give you both analogue inputs and also up to 55 digital I/O.

Hood

Offline jaja

•  68 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »
Hood,
The Pokeys is a good idea. Have read about it on the forum.
Instead of a rotary switch I have got a few optical encoders with 25 clicks per revolution. Perhaps they can be used for these applications.

Your keyboard on the picture is real nice. Is metal?

gr jaja

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 10:07:43 AM »
An encoder could probably be used , you would need a counter in a Brain I think but not done much with counters.
 Yes keyboard  is 316 stainless with a trackball as well.
Hood