Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:16:19 AM

Author Topic: Feed hold and SS  (Read 4188 times)

Feed hold and SS
« on: June 13, 2009, 06:20:36 PM »
Was running a job yesterday and decided to swap a tool halfway through (for a sharper one) and hit feed hold, machine stops as expected. I jogged clear of the part, changed the tool and hit the auto tool zero button and nothing happened. Tried jogging and mach seemed very sluggish. I ended up hitting reset and rewind to be able to rezero the tool and had to start the job from the beginning.

I've also noticed that the "preparational move" dialog doesn't come up after you've jogged during a feed hold.

I'll run some tests a bit later (machine is busy right now)  but can anyone confirm that the SS doesn't respond to script generated motion commands during a feed hold?
Re: Feed hold and SS
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »
hi jalitt
i have had the same problems if i feedhold and then jog 6 out of 10 times it will restart.
Re: Feed hold and SS
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »
Anyone can give advice if the following is SS or MACH issue?

When I run a program with Subroutine, and press feedhold while within a subroutine, and later on I press cycle start to contiune, it executes the rest of the sub, but when it gets to M99 the program halts, with an error message of "return called with no sub in effect... looping"

Why does it forget with feedhold that it was within a subroutine? (I wonder it would be a bigger mess, if there were subroutines called from subroutines)

I am using latest SS plugin, and not the latest mach lockdown, but quite a recent one...