Hello Guest it is November 22, 2019, 07:09:32 AM

Author Topic: Galil DMC-21x3 help  (Read 3555 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Galil DMC-21x3 help
« on: June 03, 2009, 09:20:16 AM »
I have a Galil DMC-21x3 that I need some help w.  The machine is a home made engraver.  I mention this because one of the important issues here is that the files to engrave end up being alot of very short segments.  I originally downloaded the version 1 of the Galil controller. After some tweaking, it sort of worked.  I got CV working and it would run for a while smooth and fast but then it would make some funny motor noises and slow down. If I hit pause and restart, everything would startup ok. My guess is there were some buffer overruns w the info going to the Galil controller.  I moved to the new 4.3 version plugin and now I can't seem to get the CV working which is  must for engraving since there are so many short segments.  I need some help, not sure how to start debugging this.
To recap...
What Works...
I can communicate w the controller, jog no problem, motors sound great.

What doesn't work...
CV.... the machine tries to accel and decel on every segment.

I was using the exact same G-code file when working between the two versions of plugins.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline smurph

*
  • *
  •  1,151 1,151
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Galil DMC-21x3 help
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 01:09:17 PM »
I have no idea why CV will not work.  It may be a Mach config thing.  There really should not be anything in the Galil Plugin that would subvert that.  You might ask around in the General discussion forum.  Or give Brian a shout.

Steve
Re: Galil DMC-21x3 help
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 01:26:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply....I think I may make a Youtube Video to show what I am doing and the settings I am using...
That way someone could see the settings and hear and see what the machine is doing.
Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to show my problem.
Re: Galil DMC-21x3 help
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 10:38:48 PM »
ok...Fiirst of all,  MY FAULT!!!  It turns out  there was a problem w the G-code I generated.  I wrote the program and when I was generating points for a curve, I was packing the curve with way too many points(spacing sometimes as small as .0003).  I adjusted the spacing and the machine sounds much better.  With that many points in the curve, the problem wasn't that CV wasn't working, the problem was that the galil controller couldn't load the points fast enough.  Look forward to doing more tests.  So far, So good.