Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 11:59:37 AM

Author Topic: Modbus TCP  (Read 8357 times)

Modbus TCP
« on: May 29, 2009, 06:11:19 AM »
I can't seem to get the Modbus TCP configuration window to come up... Can't seem to find any info info in the forum about this issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Modbus TCP
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »
Did you click the Modbus TCP on the ports and pins page, and then close and restart Mach. Then you should be able to open the config page.
Hope this helps I am not positive that is just what I would try
Jaime ;D
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 09:45:05 PM »
Yeah, I did that...
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 05:52:45 PM »
New to Mach3 - still mostly lurking in the forums. I am trying to configure the TCP modbus interface as well with no success.

I've enabled various configurations through ports & pins with no luck. I can not get the "Setup MODBUS TCP" dialog to appear. Clicking the menu option makes the menu go away but no dialog appears.

- Am I missing something?
- Does TCP MODBUS work with the trial version of Mach3 R3.042.027?
- Looking to communicate with AutomationDirect DL06 PLC

Suggestions appreciated.

PS: I use AutomationDirect's DL06 PLC regularly, any questions on their use/programming, fire away.

Dave

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 10:03:34 PM »
by going to Start Run and enter this command:

regsvr32 c:\mach3\smtx.ocx

This will reregister the TCP modbus window.

Also, Note this:  I also do ALOT with ADC plcs and the Ecom. I think with these latest version .027  that something has broken between the "Sepia" modbus module in mach3 no longer will move the modbus data from it to the mach3 TCP modbus registers.....

I can get TCP to work (with this latest) at the Sepia (TCP modbus config window), and the PLC. BUT, the info does not transfer to and fro mach3.  Granted, I could have some other "glitch" that my be in my XML.

But, I told Brian about it, he said that only Me and one or two other guys are the only ones using the TCP. So, it is not high on his priority list.
If you need it like I do. I HIGHLY recommend that you post a "Issue" about the TCP on the Mach Yahoo forum. If perhaps more besides me and a hand full of others post about it, it will move it up the priority list.

BTW:  If you look in the "Memeber Docs" thread, you will find a doc I wrote called "Brains users guide", it goes into detail on setting up the Modbus TCP with an ECOM module and other examples with the ADC 06.

scott
fun times
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 10:56:44 PM »
by going to Start Run and enter this command:
   regsvr32 c:\mach3\smtx.ocx
This will reregister the TCP modbus window.

That got it going, now I can get the config dialog up.

Then I remembered the ECOM doesn't do modbus TCP, the ECOM100 does (doh!). I'll get a 100 with my next order and let you know how I make out...

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 09:46:30 PM »
On the ECOM 100, when your setting it up, put your module as 192.168.0.2,  and put your gateway as 192.168.0.1 (this is what you assign your Ether card too in your PC, also in your PC, got to advanced, WINS and enable NetBios over TCP.  Assign a 1 to your ECOM module, and set your TCP modbus setup to 192.168.0.2, and device #1.  (subnet mask on both is obvioulsy 255.255.255.0).

One other issue that will save you some hair pulling......   the "Bit of Word" in Brians no-worky......   So you will have to shuffle one entire word per discrete bit, Use the Bit of Word functions in your PLC  i.e. B1200.0, B1201.0 etc.1 for stuff comming in from Mach3, and B1400.0 and B1401.0 etc. In the TCP modbus make both your input and outputs to be holding registers.

NOTE: if you use an Analog module, DON't use the lower ranges, use something like the V6000 range, the 1200's in the analog get into the counters and it stops your ana module from working............ 

scott
fun times