Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:13:16 AM

Author Topic: Config Fonts Doesn't Appear to Work  (Read 18716 times)

Amnz

Re: Config Fonts Doesn't Appear to Work
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2006, 04:27:01 PM »
Aahh.... just like the good ol' days... huh?  Benny? Art?
I recall much the same when early development of Mach2 was under way!

Peace and happiness to all....

John (bloy)

Offline SimonD

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2006, 04:37:22 PM »
Spending so much time sat in front of a PC, I am used to the way it is now and am reluctant to change it, I changed keyboard a few years ago and got RSI in my little finger from stretching to find the Ctrl Key which was further away than I was used to!
I will find a way around it now I know it is nothing stupid I am doing and nothing I can do about it in Mach3. I had not thought about setting up a different user account in XP, that may be the best way forward.

The Calipers output a wierd binary encoded absolute position see http://www.yadro.de/digital-scale/protocol.html The ones I am using on the mill give the 2 * 24 Bit protocol.
The YADRO Hardware interface reads the values from the scale and send them to the serial port when requested.
My software (and the YADRO DOS Software) calculates the actual position from the binary data stream.

I am currently assuming I will need to write some software to be interface between a Mach3 Macro and the YADRO interface so that the macro can populate the DRO's in Mach3

Simon

Hood

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2006, 04:48:54 PM »
Well afraid when you start talking about macros and such I will bow out ;)

Hood

Offline SimonD

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2006, 05:13:41 PM »
Like I said, that is the ultimate goal, but I am a long way off that yet. I have to get the thing to cut metal (preferably not itself) first before I start to worry about interfacing the DRO's. It may not even be possible, but the theory sounds good.

The main reason for putting the Scales on the machine is to make the manufacture of the bits to convert to CNC a bit easier!
Now if only the postman would deliver some hardware then I could make a start!

Simon

Hood

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2006, 05:17:53 PM »
Not sure what you have but when I did a manual Bridgeport conversion I made the X and Y brackets first as they were the easy ones. I then used 2 axis CNC to make the Z Axis parts, it made things a lot easier.
Hood

Offline CDyckes

•  27 27
  • Back after 3 year break. Mach2RC6 to Mach3R2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2007, 03:57:39 PM »
I don't want to re-raise what is obviously a touchy subject, but is there a solution to the 'large fonts' problem?  I know it can be done from the 'appearance' tab rather than 'advanced/large fonts' but this is horribly clunky and really not the way to do it for best overall results in Windows.

Most modern screens are both big and  have a lot of pixels (my Dell 2407's are 1920 x 1200) and REALLY need large fonts set to be readable. Windows provides a mechanism to handle this if all screens are coded using "dialog units" whereby it calculates the display font and display element size based on dialog units and a multiplier/divider calculated from the dpi setting (I've written several screen designers that do it this way and it works well (though not quite perfectly in all cases)).

Just wondering if there was a solution to this other than using 'appearances' which isn't acceptable. Has anyone designed a screenset using 'large fonts'?

Thx

Colin
Colin
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »
It look like I am not the only with the same problem. I want to have the gcodes font "bold". Tried but the problem persists...

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2009, 11:48:34 AM »
You can't actually change the font size. If you change the font, the new font may be a different size then the one used to design the screen. The only reason to change a font would be for a custom screen. If you change the font back to the default font, the numbers should fit in the DRO's.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html