Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:10:58 PM

Author Topic: adjusting leadscrew/nut on Warco cnc miller  (Read 3681 times)

adjusting leadscrew/nut on Warco cnc miller
« on: June 02, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »
Hi,

Can anyone help please. I'm new to CNC and have a Warco CNC milling machine - VMC16 - which I got a couple of years ago and due to unforeseen circumstances have only just got round to using it. The machine has a big problem at the moment and is quite unuseable.

There seems to be a load of play/backlash in the X & Y screws and Warco say they know nothing about these machines (yet they sold me it!!) and can't help me, although I am pestering them on this one. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the ballnut or whatever it is - that is if it is adjustable (I would assume that it is) or point me in the direction of where I can find out how to do it?

Any help would be very much appreciated as the machine is at present quite unusable - even though it has only had about a month or so of evening use from new.

Regards,

GeoffB
GeoffB
Re: adjusting leadscrew/nut on Warco cnc miller
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:59:59 PM »
You need to look at the bronze split nut under the table......and a very long straight bit screwdriver. You also need good eyesight and a torch....For the Y axis you need to remove the rubber cover and see if you can talk a 6 year old into doing it...My hands are too big.

Have fun.
If you only buy one piece of software...make it Mach (dont forget the wizards too ;) )
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 07:50:36 AM »
Hi Kipper,

Many thanks for that - I take it that it is just screwed in or out and there are no locking nuts or such on them? I wasn't supplied with a maintainance/parts/instruction book with the machine - which I have requested in the past and not received - in fact, they actually replied yesterday that I would receive one in the next few days. But I would think that it will be for the basic machine and whether it covers the CNC bits I very much doubt.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

GeoffB
GeoffB
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 07:57:08 AM »
Hi Kipper,

Me again. Forgot to ask. You obviously own one of these - a question if I can?

Can the spindle speed be controlled from the software or is it just done manually as I am doing at the moment? If so, how do I set the software or whatever to do the job? I was told that as long as the spindle had a tacho (I assume it does as the DRO on the machine works), then it should be possible to control the speed from the computer/software.

GeoffB
GeoffB
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 12:46:37 PM »
Hi Kipper,

Me again. Forgot to ask. You obviously own one of these - a question if I can?

Can the spindle speed be controlled from the software or is it just done manually as I am doing at the moment? If so, how do I set the software or whatever to do the job? I was told that as long as the spindle had a tacho (I assume it does as the DRO on the machine works), then it should be possible to control the speed from the computer/software.

GeoffB
Sorry Geoff I don't own that model....but have seen it and was just today at RDG tools and saw the new version.

Mine is controlled by an external VFD and can be hooked up with one of the available boards from many manufacturers including diycnc.co.uk

I was over there to see if their largest machine would suffice my upgrade needs....Sadly no, I'll probably have a look at the BMD45/80 (RF45 clone) for my upgrade..
If you only buy one piece of software...make it Mach (dont forget the wizards too ;) )