Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:34:49 AM

Author Topic: Saving the Tool Table Changes  (Read 6782 times)

Re: Saving the Tool Table Changes
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 02:43:32 PM »
OK ... it is just really weird that it stores it in the tool table - but really isn't saving it.  I am guessing that its one of those little nagging software bugs in the program.  I have seen some other kind of flakey things happen from time to time.  You know where you go into the program, change a setting, are pretty sure that you saved everything, but when you go back, nothing has changed.

I am hoping that the rewrite that Brian is doing on Mach 3, Version 4 will take care of some of these type of little problems.  I know that he is doing a lot of work on offsets - primarily with regards to screen display

vmax549

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 02:48:11 PM »
YEP he also totally rewrote the XML systems as well this should not be a problem in the future.  BUT he will also have to rewrite some of the VB calls as well to account for the changes.

I think this is one of the cases where the tool data you see is just mirror of the actual data and nothing updates unless you manually save the table to disk.  I think something changed from the time Art originally wrote it till now in the way things were saved and this call got missed.

Just a thought,

(;-) TP
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 02:56:54 PM »
You are probably right.  My background is in Systems Analysis so I have written a lot of software (albiet quite a few years ago) and this is an easy thing to do.

vmax549

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 03:10:54 PM »
YOU can use this to include in your code after your update. It will save the tool table, actually it brings up the tool table save screen AND it does save the table.

DoOemButton(121)

(;-) TP
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 03:16:26 PM »
Thanks.

I will drop it in my routine.