Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 02:56:21 PM

Author Topic: G100/Mach3 features  (Read 4794 times)

Hood

G100/Mach3 features
« on: September 03, 2006, 06:45:30 AM »
Hi
 I have tried doing searches in both the Mach andGecko Yahoo groups but it doesnt seem to be working for me, so I thought I would ask here.
 I have just aquired an Lathe that I am going to retrofit with Mach and G100, I was wondering if there was  a list of what this combination will do at the moment and also what it will do in the future. I am especially wondering if closed loop will be implimented in the future.

Hood
Re: G100/Mach3 features
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 07:12:12 AM »
Hood at this time I would just do the printer port version... There should be some new firmware out at some point that can make the g100 lathe ready :) But at this point the only hardware that we have to run a lathe is the P port...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 07:22:49 AM »
Thanks Brian
 I think it will be a while before I get round to doing the lathe but want to plan things out now. Any idea what kind of timescale there is for the new firmware?

Hood
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 07:42:22 AM »
I have no idea...

On the upside because of all your help in this group you are a gold card member :) So when you are setting up the lathe please feel free use it  ;D

www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 07:46:24 AM »
Well that sounds great, THANKS!!!, but please excuse my ignorance but what is a gold card member?
Hood
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 01:30:32 PM »
I told Hood off list that a gold card member is some one that has helped out and to pay them back they can request special things. I like to think of it as a way to pay people back for there time that they spend helping people.

www.machsupport.com