Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:39:59 AM

Author Topic: spindle speed as a function of vectoral speed.  (Read 3851 times)

spindle speed as a function of vectoral speed.
« on: May 05, 2009, 05:28:56 PM »
Is there any way to adjust spindle speed according to cutting speed (Unit/min) automatically? I need this to control laser power . While cutting small parts  kerf can not be under control with the 2.5d option . Mach3 calculates actual travelling speed .Can a macro to control spindle speed using actual vector speed overcome this problem ?

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
Re: spindle speed as a function of vectoral speed.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 07:07:47 AM »
If I understand your question, you simply need to set your feed rate in travel per revolution.

G95 (as I recall) and then set the feedrate per rev of the spindle. For example F.005 will move .005" per spindle rev. If you change the spindle speed, the feedrate will then follow.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:02:19 AM »
That to was my first thought but then on second reading I think it iis the spindle that is wanted to follow the feed.
Hood

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 09:59:52 AM »
I think that the feedrate following the spindle speed will accomplish what the OP wants to do. It establishes the relationship he needs (I think).

It may be possible to go the other way round, but that's out of my reach at the moment as I have only just begun to look at Mach flavor scripting, and I still know next to nothing about the brains capability.

However, to my mind, although Mach does calculate the travel speed, there would be no obvious way to track that reasonably with PC computing power as it is happening in real time. A second problem would be the reaction time to change spindle speed.

It would make an interesting challenge though.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 05:55:03 PM »
With the constant power of laser it is not possible to get correct shape . Power should follow the feed rate particularly when cutting the soft materials such as balsa wood. Following sketch describes what I mean..