Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:30:17 PM

Author Topic: Numeric Keypad and Jogging Fast/Slow  (Read 4620 times)

Numeric Keypad and Jogging Fast/Slow
« on: April 24, 2009, 02:25:47 PM »
I currently have mach setup to jog at 30% and to override I use the shift key and the arrows (or numberpad) to jog at the fastest possible as set in the motor config.  I am adding a wireless bluetooth keypad for jogging but it does not have a SHIFT key.  Is there anyway to map this to another key or some other way to allow slow/fast jogging using only the numberpad?

thanks,
BRendin
Re: Numeric Keypad and Jogging Fast/Slow
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:52:11 PM »
So either this is so easy to do that no one replied to a stupid question OR this can't be done.  Anyone?

thanks,
Brendin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 02:05:46 PM »
Not sure if KeyGrabber could be used for this or not, its been a long time since I have used it but might be worth a look. You should find it in the Mach3 directory on your computer.
Hood

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:49:59 PM »
Brendin,

When you get around to adding the keypad, open up "Keygrabber" (happy face icon) in the Mach 3 folder on your C: drive as Hood suggested.

I would think if it was going to work, it would show up under the "HID controllers"  tab or possibly the other tabs since it's actually a keypad.

I won't be much more help as I've only used a game controller through KeyGrabber.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 03:59:54 PM »
Thanks Guys.

I also found a way to change the windows key map in the registry.  I need to wait until my bluetooth keypad gets here before I can try it.  Will post results.

Brendin