Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:00:07 AM

Author Topic: Hotkeys for buttons on screen...  (Read 15877 times)

Hotkeys for buttons on screen...
« on: April 22, 2009, 07:40:39 PM »
How would I set up a hotkey to zero the x and y axis values?

I want to be able to zero the DRO for X axis, by pressing "x" and the same for "y". How would I do this?
Re: Hotkeys for buttons on screen...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
How would I set up a hotkey to zero the x and y axis values?

I want to be able to zero the DRO for X axis, by pressing "x" and the same for "y". How would I do this?

Download screen4, the screen designer tool.  It will allow you to assign hotkeys for any on-screen buttons.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 05:38:23 AM »
Not able to do this.
I mean, when I try to change the value for the Zero X in the lathe screen, say assign dec. 88 (X) as for the mill screen, it does not work.
In the standard LATHE SCREEN set, you are not able to use any hotkey to zero the DRO (both X and Z).
Is there a walkaround?

Alberto

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 05:49:27 AM »
Even though I personally dislike the use of HotKeys I have just tried it for you and it works fine here. Opened lathe screenset in Screen4, double clicked X zero button, chose HotKey box, pressed X key on keyboard and saved. Opened Turn jogged so there was a value in the  DRO then pressed the X on the keyboard and the X DRO zeroed.
Only time you will not see the DRO zero is if you are viewing Machine Coords.
Hood
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:56:12 AM by Hood »
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 05:57:07 AM »
Yes one of the reasons that Hood has a dislike for hotkeys is that you have to have the buttons enabled on every page you want to be able to Zero them

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 07:40:43 AM »
Hotkeys are the foundation for using an external joypad controller. If a function has a shortcut/hotkey can be mapped on the controller otherwise that function can only be activated with the mouse.
Before using the joypad, I've never used one of the hotkey present on the MACH3 screen. This is why I now have trouble trying to map some keys to the controller buttons.
So I tried to use the X or Z keyboard letter to zero the DRO.
Nothing happen.
I then used Screen4 to modifiy the GUI setting.
I follow the procedure by Hood and when I double click on the X or Z button a message is displayed "Text file for function calls missing. Please reinstall". Click on OK and the dialog for the X or Z button appears.....
When I save the settings and exit and start Mach3Turn I jog with the cursor to change the DRO but X and Z do not zero the DRO....
To zero the DRO I must use the mouse!
No way to do it.
Any hint?

Thanks

Alberto

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 08:01:14 AM »
As said I dislike hotkeys, Phill has pointed out one reason, another is you have to be extremely carefull that you dont assign a hotkey to more than one button function.

As to your problem, can you attach a screenshot of the message as I have never  seen that.

I have attached a lset with the X Zero button changed to X Hotkey, see if that works, you will need to save it to the main Mach3 folder and then in Mach use the View menu then load screens to load that screenset.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 09:14:53 AM »
As said I dislike hotkeys, Phill has pointed out one reason, another is you have to be extremely carefull that you dont assign a hotkey to more than one button function.

Hood

An advantage of MachScreen over Screen4 is that MachScreen throws an error if you map two buttons to one hotkey.
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 09:32:50 AM »
So, I don't know how you did it but it works!!
I tried to modify "amarillis.lset" with Screen4 the Z zero but I was not able to do it.
Here you can find attached the screenshot with the error message.
Moreover when I load with Screen4 "amarillis.lset" and I doubleclick on the X button I cannot see any changes from the standard 1024.lset
No hotkey seems to be connected to the X zero button!

Alberto

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 09:51:55 AM »
Where have you got Screen4 installed to? If not in the default C:\Mach3 folder then that may be the reason.
If that is where you have it then maybe a re-download of screen4 will help.
Hood