Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 07:32:56 PM

Author Topic: Need help with problem with Screen4  (Read 3808 times)

Need help with problem with Screen4
« on: April 20, 2009, 05:44:43 PM »
I have got a serious problem with my set. file for the upgraded standard screen set.

On two screens I have by a fault inserted a way to big background image. I cant "tag" the faulty image even if it is clearly visible. I cant remove it. The only way I can work around it is to rename the image file. Then the image doesn't load when screen4 is started. However a new problem arises then. The size of the image is still somehow "working" in the background even if it is not laded or visible. This causes other objects to disappear behind the "phantom" image. I can on one screen come by this by clicking on "bitmaps to back". However on the work offset screen this approach doesn't work.

Is there any way to get into the set file to remove the reference to this two images? Who have made this program?

I have spent a considerably amount of time on this project. I have not any desire to start from scratch. Any help will be very appreciated!

Steinar
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 05:47:19 PM by SteinarN »

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with problem with Screen4
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »
Try Mach3Screen which is on the downloads page.

Or even MachScreen which can be found here,   http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,11122.0.html

Using MachScreen I found some unseen errors that had been on my screens for ages.

One of these may allow you to delete the errant image.

Greg
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »
Thanks. I was lucky and got two images removed with MachScreen.

But I think I have messed up some VB-scripts for the edgefinder. I'll try to copy those scripts from the settings in the original set file.

Tomorrow..........

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:40:27 PM »
If they are button scripts then you can edit them from inside Mach3 so that is easy.

Greg
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 05:11:26 AM »
Yes, I noticed it. I had an image saved as an image button. I think that was the fault. Got it corrected and checked the scripts with the original set file. All good.  :)