Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:33:13 AM

Author Topic: Problem running drivertest.exe  (Read 4877 times)

Problem running drivertest.exe
« on: April 11, 2009, 11:39:11 PM »
The problem is that I can't.

When I double click the program nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling mach3 then reinstalling still no joy, also tried to install over the existing copy.

Will the program run if the driver isn't working? How can I tell if the driver is installed properly?

Ron
Re: Problem running drivertest.exe
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 02:51:11 AM »
Did you double click, then wait, then double click yet another time?

When I tested the driver I had to double click several times before anything happened, but only the firs time I tested. If I double click now the driver test executes almost immediately.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:34:37 AM »
when I double click on the program I get the hourglass for about 1/2 second and that is it.

I can double click as many time as I want and I get the same thing.

Ron

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 10:05:01 AM »
Open Mach and have a look on the diagnostics page and see if there is a Time in Int value and a Pulse Frequency showing, if there is then the driver should be installed.

Have you tried downloading Mach again?

Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 02:01:50 PM »
time in int is 0.00 and pulse frequency is Simulate.

I guess that means the driver isn't in place. I remember the installer saying it was installing the driver though.

How can I install it seperately?

Ron

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 02:37:02 PM »
Running the Drive test should instal it, sounds like for some reason your computer is blocking the driver being installed, check to make sure you have full rights in your windows account.
 You could also try looking in the Mach3 folder for SpecialDriver.bat and double click on it, could be your computer is needing the special driver.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 08:26:51 PM »
I tried many things.

I removed as many process from running as I could, even started up in safe mode.
I tried to install the driver from the install devices in the control panel.
I tried the special driver and still nothing.

I did install Mach3 on my laptop and it worked just fine, but I'm not using my laptop to run my CNC mill.

I have no idea what might be stopping it from installing properly. (I noticed that when I installed it on my laptop it took much longer to install than on my PC)

has anyone ever installed this on a quad core pc before? this is not the final hardware but I want to get everything running before moving it all out to the garage(where the other PC will me installed.

Ron