Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:56:34 AM

Author Topic: Voice activation  (Read 3440 times)

Voice activation
« on: August 01, 2006, 08:11:46 AM »
Has anyone thought about using voice operated commands to contro their machine? I wonder how hard it would be? Is it practical?

Hood

Re: Voice activation
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 08:50:47 AM »
I personally think it could be dangerous on a CNC controlled lump of iron with sharp tools etc. Would just need someone in the vicinity to say the magic word and away it would go regardless of whether your hands were in the way or not.
Hood

Offline Jim

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 02:56:10 PM »
Make sure it understands "STOP"!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 02:04:24 AM »
Ok just pretend i lost my hands in a industrial accident now i can be a cnc programmer. (Just Kidding)

My intent was to provoke thought from everyone. I can see were you would question safety. so maybe their would be no "start" command, and you would have to initate program start manually. Could it be used elsewear?

What if i said i was making a wireless jog pendent cause the cable anoys the heck out of me. Good idea? practical? time saving? Wont know until im done. ( it will surely impress the girls)

My home shop already has a computer i use for cad and PLC programming, its on a wireless network to my house (My Garage is my shop) I run itunes when im out machining so music it playing all the time. I can access the web too. Print.