Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:54:54 PM

Author Topic: Different use of Mach3 (dispensing)  (Read 22425 times)

Re: Different use of Mach3 (dispensing)
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 07:44:30 AM »
I'm sure we could dream up a couple of lines of code here, or write a quick macro. What level of complexity to you expect to need?
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 08:14:08 AM »
I expect this to be used mostly to dispense the resing along text using scripted fonts.
Another idea I just came accross is having the operator to draw by hand lines or vectors on top of the graphic to be used and having the CAM software to follow this vectors. This would make the paths simpler.

The operators have graphic design skills but no coding capabilities. So I can request them to do some pre processing as long as it is graphic oriented.
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 08:22:58 AM »
Yes, I did think about it. I know there are two ways to do this. Either to change the resin dispensing rate using another axis for the dispenser or to keep that fixed and change the nozzle speed so the same amount of resin is dispensed in a longer (or shorter) line.

If I use the variable dispensing rate, this would be the 3rd axis since besides this there is no Z. At a constant dispensing rate the dispenser on-off is not an axis. Is this correct??

I need to be able to start with a graphic image of what I want to dispense resin on. The idea is not to write the Gcode.
I wonder if this can be done with LazyCAM or not. If not, what should I use instead?

Dear Roman 9999
Take a close look to this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXBLt6v4FZY&feature=related
You have to draw the path your self to have these quality of dispensing.
I keep the feed rate stable.... major rule.
 and when I have to fill the more wider parts of the letter I design one more little path only in that area.

George!

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 09:18:33 AM »
George,
That´s awesome.
What do you use to draw the lines? What software?
I know I can perfectly control the machine with Mach once I have the gcode generated.
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 10:39:58 AM »
George,
That´s awesome.
What do you use to draw the lines? What software?
I know I can perfectly control the machine with Mach once I have the gcode generated.

Adobe Illustrator.
George!
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 02:18:55 PM »
What do you use to create the Gcode? LazyCAM?

what profile do you use? Mill?
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 02:34:39 PM »
What do you use to create the Gcode? LazyCAM?

what profile do you use? Mill?

Artcam!
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 07:57:32 AM »
George,

I tried what you said about drawing lines and it seems to work even with LazyCAM!!!

How do you pump the resin? I thought about using pneumatic cylinders although I´d need a way to stop dispensing to refill the cylinders from time to time.
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 09:54:44 AM »
One of these is the answer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peristaltic_pump

just replace the hose when it is knackered. Not hard to build or buy.
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »
George,

I´m finally working on my domes machine and it´s almost done, although I still have some open issues left.

How do you control when to start and stop resin dispensing? Do you need to hand code that or Artcam does the job for you from the drawing??