Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:49:57 AM

Author Topic: Need some help with new build... Reset Gecko G320 fault causes Y axis to move?  (Read 10166 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Hi, Radioactive

Sound's like you have a Plugin running, SStepper or Gaila, They need to be turned OFF under General, Control PlugIns, Then Re-Start Mach3..

Chip
Thanks Chip, I will try it tonight.  I don't want to ask a stupid question, but why would the SStepper plugin need to be turned off?  Wouldn't it need to be on to work properly?  Just trying to understand my actions.

Thanks for the help...

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
Hi, Radioactive

If your not running Warp9 Smooth-Stepper Board, It's a USB device, When you start Mach3 select the Normal Printer Port Control, Then verify that SStepper Plugin is X'd out in Plugin's page.

PM message your phone # by clicking on my user name, I'll give you a call tonight at 9:00 FL time, If your in US or CA.

Chip
Just to clarify, I am using a smooth stepper board.

So I'm assuming the pulse frequency shown on the diagnostics screen of Mach 3 normally says "External" since the SS is generating the pulses?

Still don't get any response from the servo motors during jog commands.  Mach 3 shows the position changing, but no real movement.  The servo's do hold their position though.  Meaning if I try to turn one by hand, it will resist and hold it's current position.

What should I check next?
WooHoo!

Got it figured out.  I didn't have my charge pump ckt enabled as an output from Mach 3.  The PMDX board wasn't allowing any outputs because of the lack of signal.

We have movement now!

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
Hi, Radioactive

Good to hear, Let the games begin.

Chip