Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:05:14 AM

Author Topic: Somebody had sucess with pokeys, pot and feed override  (Read 7312 times)

Somebody had sucess with pokeys, pot and feed override
« on: March 27, 2009, 03:21:07 PM »
I'm more interested in the fast feed override and for sure with feed override.

I'm not good at all writing Macro and Brains but would like to get info about that.

I have my pokeys and all the switches and pots necessary for that, all I need is some sort of HOW TO.

Thanks for any advice.

Jeff

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Somebody had sucess with pokeys, pot and feed override
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 07:36:01 AM »
Hi!

Please read these topic: http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,9719.0.html
There are users which uses it daily ;)

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 04:49:11 PM »
Jeff, did you get it sorted? I have written a couple of Brains for FRO, SRO and they  do a feedhold when the Feedrate gets below 1% I think then automatically starts again when you wind it back up. Also have a Brain that will reset to 100% when within a few % either side of 100%, this is needed as the analogue signal will vary very slightly and if Mach sees 100.01% or 99.99% the FRO LED will flash. The Brain  stops that happening.
 I have not used them that much as the pendant is in bits at the moment awaiting me getting it rebuilt properly but it did seem to work fine when I was using it.
 Heres a link to the thread with the Brains, use with caution as although it works fine for me it may not for you..
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,9632.0.html

Hood
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »
Hi, Thanks Hood.

Will try these. I would really like to get it work as I'm used to work like this on real machine that have pot for feed rate and spindle speed. It so easy to use it, because when tool reach near the piece,

you just turn the feed down and when you are sure of your program, you simply turn it up to 100%

But I'm not sure how to do it with Mach3 but will try what you said for sure, Thanks, Jeff
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 12:25:00 AM »
Hi Hood

Just a couple of question.

I try to analyse these brains you had posted as SROFRO100, FRO100, and NewFROfeedhold

Could you explain  the I > 665.000 and  I < 693.00 ( Where did you took these number 665 and 693)

Why there's a Invert Flip Signal and could you explain the Formula

Also, where I can find these OEMLED:2223, 2222, 2000. because on the EXCEL sheet I have, OEMLED stop at 855.

Sorry about that, I know this is a lot of questions but soon I'll understand and stop asking for that,,

Thanks so much, Jeff

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 08:05:31 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, computer died and have been a bit under the weather myself.

The numbers are because I have the FRO set for a max of 150% so that would equal approx 97.5% and 101.5% of the ten bits that the PoKeys uses for the analogue inputs.
 Not sure on the flip signal, will have to look at the brain and see what I did LOL

The OEM LED are actually User LEDs, you dont need them on the screen, Mach will still use them.
 I had issues the last day when I was messing with the plugin, I couldnt use the stop button but I think that may because the OEM LED for feedhold seems to be hosed in the version I was using, will have to investigate when I get a chance.
Hood