Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:59:39 AM

Author Topic: 4th Axis Probing/Diigitising How??  (Read 9966 times)

Offline Katoh

•  287 287
    • View Profile
Re: 4th Axis Probing/Diigitising How??
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 09:08:18 AM »
Hi Graham
Good point you have bought up, I don't really know. The cut outs of the stock at the end are really what you want to probe, they are the hardest bits of the stock to machine. All stocks are different in the front actions from maker to maker,I assume you would get over that problem by either using a dowel piece from the bolt that holds the stock onto the action to a live centre that will trigger the probe to stop but still give you the majority of the internal cut outs and design, or you would have something written in the macro to say don't probe lower than the centre line of the rotary axis.
These are only my thoughts that's why I'm asking for help on how to do it.
Katoh
Cheers
Katoh

vmax549

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 09:28:36 AM »
(;-) THat is why I recommended a plug to fill the cavities while probing. You make them about 6mm shallower than the stock and it fills the holes to keep from damaging the stock/probe. You still get the outline of the inletting on the stock.

As to probing speeds that will be up to you(;-)  Also be aware that the G31 probing cycle and MACH do not play well in some versions. Mach has been know to overrun the trip and contnue on ( fair warning clause) and could damage your stock /probe.

I works well here I have run routines that have many 1000s of cycles without failure BUT be warned it has happened to others .

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 09:35:11 AM by vmax549 »

Offline Katoh

•  287 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 10:02:19 AM »
Hi vmax549
Im up to date now, should be not problemes putting in a block or a wedge in the action just so I know not to let the brobe go through it.
Like anything else we do with CNC theres always tthe risk that things go haywire, I have had my share. THats fine I relalise the risk we take with these things I think Ill just have to keep an eye on it untill Im certain that it works fine.
In the case it does come undone and all ends up crashing well "S**T" happens
Thanks Again
Katoh
Cheers
Katoh

Offline Shaun

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 12:21:26 PM »
Was this Macro ever created and if so is it available.

TIA

Shaun....... :)
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 09:32:10 PM »
Yes, is that macro available somewhere? That would fit quite a bit of diverses uses. Thanks