Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:32:41 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 4.0 Rev Update  (Read 55389 times)

Re: Mach3 4.0 Rev Update
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 04:05:57 PM »
Hi

Any update on the 4.0 ver ?

Regards
Borge

Offline kcib

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2009, 02:29:34 AM »
Have we got a release date yet for Mach3 Rev4 ??   :)

Offline kcib

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2009, 05:08:54 PM »
Hi there
is it true what I hear that Mach3 4.0 update is now not going to be released until the end of the year ?? Is this because of bugs etc ??
Alan B

vmax549

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2009, 07:44:33 PM »
I would think it wil be done when it is done(;-) Brian is making HUGE changes to the base code in mach to make it a MUCH better platform. These changes take time. I personelly know that he has worked a solid MONTH to just get the toolpath display running in the manner he wants/needs  it to run.

AND still I would imagine compromises had to be done WINDOWs is a fickle enviroment when you have to step outside the boundaries to get things done the way you want it to work. THEN you have to make sure it runs across the incredible array of PCs that are running mach. NO easy task there for sure. What works on one type fails on another(;-)

SO to say BUGS?

NO, I would say the delay is more integration developement research than bugs.

Hope that helps, (;-) TP

Offline lemo

•  135 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »
Imagine it's released and doesn't work well on half the installations. The pitch forks would be out, and the mob would be on the loose. Believe me.... the less software costs, the stronger the opinion of the people using it, and the larger the feeling of entitlement to the worlds greatest platform.... It's done when it's done. Without evidence... I think (opinion!!!) that it will be early spring time; if ever. Now it has to run under Win7, Vista, XP. It's a bag of fleas and not really a realtime environment. MS took our money and used it to create modules to regulate the use of the software to their advantage and not to the users, definitely not to perform better. And that makes the task so difficult at hand.
Lemo
Cut five times and still to short...

vmax549

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2009, 09:13:42 PM »
YEP I know for a fact that the changes to JUST the toolpath display made a HUGE difference in the performance of MACH/Macro/Gcode/VB interactions
(;-) YEP YEP IT DID,

I also know he had a killer version of the toolpath display , BUT it would not work across ALL video platforms. (;-)

Patience Grasshopper, (;-) TP
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2009, 08:10:53 AM »
Just an FYI it looks like windows 7 is going to be okay as well :) Good things !

Also I have an "expert" in Gcode that I am working with to make 100% sure that the Gcode interperter is working as it should.. This is going to delay release but I think it is for the best..

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 08:13:24 AM »
Also I have an "expert" in Gcode that I am working with to make 100% sure that the Gcode interperter is working as it should.. This is going to delay release but I think it is for the best..

Thanks
Brian

Thats good to hear as while he is working with the G Code you can get Turn done ;D

Hood
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »
Funny you say that :) That is what is going to happen :) I just got a table top machine in for the Gcode guy and need to wire that up ... As soon as that is done and the OpenGL is working as it should I am going to start on the turn toolpath.. I am also going to build in a few more tools (programming tools) for your toolposts..  I wish I could go faster but I just can't :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2009, 08:20:15 AM »
That is good to gear as soon I will be replacing the front 4 position toolpost with a front 6 position turret, so that will be turret both front and rear. Oh and no smart asss comments about that please ;)

Hood