Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:44:18 PM

Author Topic: Motor tuning calculations  (Read 21483 times)

Re: Motor tuning calculations
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2009, 01:46:39 PM »
Hood,
Those five boards were in the main card cage when you open the side cabinet. Just to the right of that card cage would have been the 12-, 12+ and 5+ power supply. The 3 SMD & 1 ACC & 3 axis power transistor blocks would have been on the right end of the cabinet on the door that opens to the back.
They might still be there.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2009, 02:30:04 PM »
Hood,
Those five boards were in the main card cage when you open the side cabinet. Just to the right of that card cage would have been the 12-, 12+ and 5+ power supply. The 3 SMD & 1 ACC & 3 axis power transistor blocks would have been on the right end of the cabinet on the door that opens to the back.
They might still be there.

Afraid I have no recollection of what was in there and what was where, just gutted it all keeping only the contactors and the transformer from the tape reader and the one that produced 110v.

Hood
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2009, 02:54:12 PM »
I checked the step out to X, Y & Z with X & Y set to 2000 and Z set to 1000 and they were all the same.
So I set X & Y to 1000 and there was no change and a 1" command moved 1".
Your guess is as good as mine.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2009, 02:58:51 PM »
Weird indeed, did you try restarting Mach in between changes, shouldnt be needed but something is obviously strange there.
Hood
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »
Yes I did restart. I guess it is a wait and see.
I restarted Mach, I didn't reboot the computer.
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2009, 03:10:50 PM »
It appears that the problem on mine lies with the controller code.  When the drives were tested individually one hooked up at a time they functioned correcly but together they did wierd things.  

MachineMaster not sure if you are able to test yours like this or even if it relates to your problem.

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2009, 06:34:45 PM »
Nickle, that would point to the power supply or noise on the step direction lines, did you change any routing of move any wires in the control box between it working correctly and it changing? Still I wouldn't expect noise to create a consistant result.

Steve
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2009, 08:26:44 PM »
I would agree that noise could be in issue if it were intermitent or unpredictable, that is not the case though.  Being a programmer with electronics and working in the electrical field I am pretty good at trouble shooting problems.  Sometimes though asking the correct questions is a problem.  In this case not alot to go on as most use the most common drives and control devices and do not have these experiences.  These devices however are overpriced and place more on a name.  The electronic part are not more then maybe 25.00 but they seem to charge alot.  Mach3 on the other hand pretty good bang for the buck but I did need to make sure it was not causing an issue with my setup and if it is how to correct it ... time will tell soon enough.   

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2009, 03:54:56 AM »
Hi, ALL

Don't know how I missed this Post, Been sidetracked a little with threading and other issues hear, Look's like you all need another opinion or two.

Nickle989, I think "Techsol" Hit the nail on the head as you seem to think also. So you should be on the way to resolving the Problem. I usually recommend setting all the Motor Outputs, Dir/Step Low-Actives to All the same State (checked or X), But in your case that may not be possible. If any of your motors run backwards you can use, Home & Limit's, "Reversed" to change there direction without re-wiring the motors.

To late for further comment, Maybe tomorrow.

Chip