Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:13:23 AM

Author Topic: Output pin not responding only while g-code program is running?  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
I have a relay connected to an output pin of my Gecko Controller, and I have set it up as Output2 in Mach. This output can be controlled with a brain, a button, or vbscript, and it works perfectly. Until you run the gcode. Then the pin in unresponsive. Even though you can see the output flashing (In the outputs/enable frame) in the Diagnostics page when the output is active.

Output1 Is connected to the router, that always works.
Ive tried using Output3 - 10, and the Enable1 - 6. No change

Starting to wonder if Mach allows Output Changes while the program is running...?

Thanks
Z
Re: Output pin not responding only while g-code program is running?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 07:29:15 AM »
It should work.
For example I have an output that controls coolant on a lathe.

When I run the Gcode, the gcode can turn it on and off (with Gcode lines), but I also can turn it on and off during the execution of the code with a button on the screen. So it works for sure than you want to do. Some times the gcode is sending the coolant, but if I want to check on a piece I turn it off with a button (see the piece being machined) then turn again on with the button. All without stoping the gcode execution.

Maybe the pin is being used by another output and you do not remember.

Filipe

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
Re: Output pin not responding only while g-code program is running?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 11:01:53 AM »
Hmm, it seems that the signal is there on the parallel port, but the gecko drive isn't activating the pin.

What I have is a Gecko G540 (http://www.geckodrive.com/product.aspx?c=3&i=14469)

For some reason, it seems like the gecko drive blocks the activity when gcode is running. I haven't given up yet, but I don't have time to play with it today. I'll post again when I have more time.