Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:55:20 PM

Author Topic: Using a Contour Design Shuffle as a pendant  (Read 15084 times)

Re: Using a Contour Design Shuffle as a pendant
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 11:19:59 PM »
Hey Brian, did you ever get you ever get your shuttle pro yet?

Just a fyi if you have a MICRO CENTER near by any of you they stock them in the store.

Any body came up with the config files or a plug in for it yet?? :)
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 05:30:55 AM »
Hi Brian,
I'm ready to by Contour Shuttle V2, but it seems that it is not so easy to get config files and I'm waiting.
Where is David?
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 08:33:22 AM »
The driver for the Shuttlepro in under Downloads - FTP - Mach3 the file name is Shuttlepro.dll

Put the dll in your plugins folder under your local Mach3 install and then go into config plugin and activate and configure.

Dan.
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 02:07:05 PM »
Hi,

I've got a question,
Is it possible to have e.g. the inner ring move the table quickly and the outer move the table slow..? (or the other way around)
I can't figure out how to do this. The only possibility I know of, is increasing the jog% or the inc. step. I'd rather have it fixed, e.g. 1% for the outher ring and 10% for the inner ring....perhaps it's not possible.

regards,
Adryan
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 03:18:30 PM »
I set up the two outer buttons (the black ones) to be rapid and the otter dial set to about 20% slow jog and the center as inc at .001. this makes for VERY fast movement and positioning.

hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 02:17:31 PM »
I set up the two outer buttons (the black ones) to be rapid and the otter dial set to about 20% slow jog and the center as inc at .001. this makes for VERY fast movement and positioning.

Brian,
I think I'm not exactly clear on what you mean. I used the Rapid ++ and Rapid -- for the black buttons, this works great for rapid movement.
I've set up the jog panel (using TAB in Mach) as following:
-"STEP"
-"Steprate" 0.001
-"Slow jog rate" 5%

When using this the STEP 0.001 only works for the arrow buttons on the keyboard (pressing arrow ones moves 0.001)
When dialing the inner silver button of the Shuffle it moves a lot more then 0.001 and doesn't stop immediately when stop dialing.

Am I missing something? (I assume you mean the "step" mode when you mention "inc"?)

regards,
Adryan
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 04:06:57 PM »
There is a button that will set the center button from vel mode to inc mode... please put that button as one of the silver buttons that you have and I think is will work for you

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 04:55:47 AM »
Brian,

Thats it, everything works great now!

thanxs,
Adryan
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 04:58:19 PM »
Hello Brian,

first time when you startup Mach (after restart pc) the inner ring of the Shuttle is in vel. -mode. I think this is very dangerous because when you want to tought the workpiece (without first pressing the vel/inc button) the tool will break..:=)
Is there a option to set the Shuttle so that the button is always in inc.-mode after a restart of mach?

rgds,
Adryan
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 11:33:34 PM »
You are right I think i need to change that :)
I need to get a new shuttle for testing :( I gave the one that I had away...

www.machsupport.com