Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:01:20 AM

Author Topic: Xylotek controller.....what is needed to run a probe?  (Read 5745 times)

Xylotek controller.....what is needed to run a probe?
« on: July 27, 2006, 05:07:34 PM »
I know that the controller doesnt do digitizing....  Whst is out there to get digitizing to work with this controller?

Hood

Re: Xylotek controller.....what is needed to run a probe?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 06:17:25 PM »
If you are using Mach you can set up a pin for a probe. Not sure how good the digitising wizard works as I have never tried it.
Hood

ynneb

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 09:14:30 PM »
I know a secret, but cant give away too many details.
There is a new digitizer plugin been developed for Mach3.
The specs sound reallly good.
It is soon due for release.

Any more details than that, I might get into trouble from the author.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 01:12:02 AM »
So, what im gathering is that the probe just interacts with pins from the LPT port and is supported by some sort of software?  So in theroy, no extra controller board is needed except a breakout board to wire up to the ports on the LPT....  This sound correct?

Hood

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 02:27:20 AM »
So, what im gathering is that the probe just interacts with pins from the LPT port and is supported by some sort of software?  So in theroy, no extra controller board is needed except a breakout board to wire up to the ports on the LPT....  This sound correct?

yep, thats it exactly, 1 spare pin and you are set :) At the moment I think the wizard outputs a point cloud and you then need a software to convert this to code, not sure what the future holds as hinted by Benny ;)
Hood
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 03:10:52 AM »
thats great,  that means no other hardware to buy.......controller board wise.......

I know im new to the board....Im pretty good at finding things out,  but expect questions none the less.

My momma always said, "There is no such thing as a stupid question,  just stupid people" :)

Thank you for helping clear this up for me.