Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:34:23 AM

Author Topic: output for smooth stepper  (Read 17952 times)

Re: output for smooth stepper
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2009, 01:47:53 AM »
Bit off topic but still possibly relevent...

Am I correct in assuming that the main issue with the use of Laptops and Mach3 are steady pulse timing related and that these issues are overcome by the SS generating its own clock?
So far the only issue I've had is this output4 and as I would assume that the SS driver translates this command into a serial string which is sent to and recognised by the SS board. And as such, the ability to send this string is not related to the platform on which Mach runs.

Interestlingly enough output4 acts the same way as any other output signal that is not enabled. You can run a VBscript activatesignal(output4) but it ignores the command. If I disable say port 3 it does the same.

So to recap.
Output4 is enabled but acts as if it wasn't and it can not be user driven but is activated by something elsewhere in the code.

I'll try loading this up on a old desktop I have at home this wekend and see if it works that way.

Cheers
Mark

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2009, 03:21:21 AM »
Just as a test can you set up another profile, entering your settings manually rather than copying, and try that to see if its still a problem.
Hood
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2009, 05:47:29 AM »
I'll give that a go, however in effect I think I allready did that by starting machmill and choosing the parallel port setup (neither of which had any settings) I also dissabled all inputs.

But for the sake of thorughness I'll start from a clean install.

I'll get back to you with the results.

Cheers

Mark
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2009, 07:19:53 AM »
Well as the saying goes... "if in doubt... chuck it out!"    Thats fixed it! cleaned out all the various installs of Mach and Quantum then reloaded 43.022 and reinstalled SS plugin, 10 minutes of reconfigure and boobs yur anty she all works... including output4

Thank you very much for your patience Hood and if you are ever in the newer, more southern version of wales you have a place to crash.

I owe you one.

Cheers

Mark

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2009, 07:47:37 AM »
Great your sorted :)
 Dont think they would let me in to Ozz ;D
 Hood
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2009, 08:09:39 AM »
Hey they let a half kiwi,half cunnuck in! let alone all them convicts in the first place  ;D

I'll drink to your health then!

Cheers

Mark

PS It actually fixed a few other things that where not right also that I had not noticed like a software e-stop dropping the charge pump.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2009, 08:22:32 AM »
Yeh suppose so, they let my Uncle in so the regulations must be pretty lax ;D
Hood