Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:20:40 AM

Author Topic: First try at a Screen  (Read 13444 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: First try at a Screen
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 08:53:01 AM »
Sam,

WOW!!! If your a beginner at screen design, then I got to go back to school!!!!!!!
Awesome work!!  I am missing the "Graphic" designer Gene, my Graphic attempt always look like a Drunk Monkey painting Picasso's

scott
fun times

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 11:42:22 AM »
Very nice job there Sam -  8)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 12:06:33 AM »
RC, Scott, Dave

Thanks so much for the compliments. In a couple of days after a little more testing I will post the .set files if anyone is interested in using the screen.

Sam

Offline Bill_O

•  562 562
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 09:03:03 AM »
Very nice. Good job.
Bill
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 09:09:31 PM »
Ok I need some Help? As I stated at the beginning of this thread at the present time I do not have a machine on which to test my screen design. So I had a buddy agree to test it for me. Since he uses a router instead of a spindle I made a few changes to my screen to work more with his setup. Here are the problems that I could not solve.

when I press the Laser Off button the button for the router changes to green and router on ( even thou the router doesnt come on )click again and the crosshairs go off and the router button changes back to router off and red however if you click on the router button, the router comes on but the button doesnt change to the green color

One thing i noticed is the Home key does not work, when i press home on the key pad it usually Zero's all axis.

I am hoping that someone will be willing to take a look at my screenset and tell me where I went wrong!! I have double checked my button codes and in my small mind they look fine. Also when I run MACH using this screen set I cannot get the above results. Any and all help will be welcomed.

Here is a screen shot of the revised screen along with a zip file with all the files. I have placed all the jpg and png files in a folder labeled (Woody) inside the bitmaps folder of MACH.

Offline Bill_O

•  562 562
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 08:25:27 AM »
Sam,
I do not know about the rest but go to Config\Ports and Pins and click on the Input Signals tab. If you have limit switches for the homing turn on the Home switches for that axis.
Bill
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 08:50:55 AM »
Bill

Thanks for taking a look. When I run MACH with this screen everything seems to be working (Keep in mind I do not have a machine for MACH to connect to). When I sent this screen to my buddy to try his report back was the problems I listed in my previous post. I am wondering if his problems are in his hardware setup? He did report back that the rest of the screen seemed to function fine including the probes and limits. His machine is setup with just limit switches, no homing switches.

Thanks
Sam