Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 03:26:05 AM

Author Topic: PCB Drill Kits and Starter Kits now available!  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
PCB Drill Kits and Starter Kits now available!
« on: March 15, 2009, 12:13:26 PM »
Background:
One of the most difficult tasks for me getting started with PCB milling was knowing what size drills I should get. There is always a decent price break when you order 10 or more of one size but I did not want to get stuck with 10 bits I would never use. I have been buying my PCB routing bits from PreciseBits.com for a couple of years now as they seemed to be the best value for the money (not the cheapest). When I started my website I signed up right away to be a distributor of the PreciseBits line.

They already had sets of drill bits made up for common PCB routing tasks, but they were kind of hidden on the parent companies website. Working with them I came up with a few additional 'Starter Kits' that include two 60 deg. 'V' bits for trace isolation. Information about these kits follow.

I have the PCB drill kits and started kits in stock now! I'll be working on the drill rack files for PCBGcode this weekend. Here is a basic rundown on each kit:

Heart Range A: Through hole boards, inch sizes
Heart Range B: SMT boards, inch sizes
Metric Heart Range: Through hole board, metric sizes

The Starter Kits A, B, Metric are the same as above with two of the larger drills replaced with 60 degree V-bits. You can find more information here: http://soigeneris.com/shop/Precise_Bits_86618.aspx

For a very limited time, I'm including the ZrN (much better then TiN) coated V bits in the Starter Kits. The ZrN coating produces a much smoother cut in the copper and will last 2-3 times as long.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt