Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:40:34 PM

Author Topic: Z Axis help  (Read 11560 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Z Axis help
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 06:04:18 PM »
Check the button again in case it didnt get saved, also check you have it exactly as below (copy and paste if you wish)

DoButton(24)
Code("G28")

Hood
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 06:39:33 PM »
Also, if Z+ is UP direction on your machine, and you want it to home off in the + direction, you need to enter -.2 (negative.2) in the Z Home Off box.
I think that is the way it is working on mine.
RC
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 11:55:10 AM »
Ok, I have tried this several times and still doesn't work. I changed the ref Z button in screen 4 to a VB script. I then load the MP1000C-THC prifile into Mach and put the DoButton(24) Code("G28") code in HiddenScript.m1s. That is the one that pops up when I do Edit Button Script. I go into config\homing\limits and change g28 z to .25. When I run the ref z it does the same as always, runs down to the switch, backs off the switch and zeros the z.
I suspect I'm not in the correct script, but I don't know what or where to find others.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »
Do you have it as you have typed it or as I have?
It needs to be on two lines, I have just tried it here and it works fine. Also remember it is machine coords so maybe you are not seeing the 0.25 movement and just thinking it is reversing off the switch only.If you look at machine coords you will soon know as the DRO will either read 0 or 0.25
Hood
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 01:42:41 PM »
I typed it on 2 lines just like yours. I'm certain it isn't reversing any farther than just off the switch. I have a prox switch that lites up when it hits it, then the light goes out when it reverses off the switch. The DRO stays at zero. It zeros as soon as the switch is deactivated and travels no farther. I have -.25 set in the G28 home location coordinates.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »
Where is your home switch and which direction (up or down) do you want it to move off of the home switch?
Hood
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 02:12:34 PM »
The home switch detects a collar around the plasma torch near the lower travel limit. The torch floats so it goes down, touches the material, the torch then pushes the collar up slightly till it is sensed by the prox switch. Torch then reverses till the prox switch goes off, then stops and zeros. I want to move up, positive direction, off the home switch. If I put in a value of say .2", the orch tip will contact the material, back up, positive, and be above the material apx .2"
The purpose is to set a height off the material with the homing move so the operators will not have to do it. I can just see an operator homing the torch and starting the plasma with the tip touching the material. I do not want this to happen. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 03:07:52 PM »
OK so your zero in machine coords is when it is fully down? Do you programme all your z moves as positive numbers? If you do then your G28 should be a positive number. If you dont then you need to go to Homing and limits and tell Mach that your Home Off distance is the amount of travel you have on the Z axis. That would mean that when you home instead of the Z  axis machine coords DRO reading zero it will read minus X where X is the travel you have. Then the G28 would be a negative number but it would be less than the Home Off distance. Example if you have 1 inch of travel you would have the Home Off set for -1, so if you wanted the Z to move up 0.25 from the Home position you would enter -0.75 as a G28 position.
Hope thats clear LOL
Hood
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 03:54:39 PM »
It just plain does not do anything more than trigger the switch, back up off the switch and zero. I checked the VB code in screen designer and it's right.
I tried -1 and -.75 for the G28...no change. I tried positive #'s......same thing. I rechecked the VB code in screen designer, making dead sure I saved the MP1000C-THC.set......it was correct. I just get no movement after it backs off the switch.
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 03:58:26 PM »
At this point, the only Z programming I am doing is to raise the z0.15" above the material before it starts a cut then raise it to 1" when the cut is done. I want the ref Z button to let the torch touch the material, trip the prox switch, back off the prox and move an extra 0.2" to finish the ref z routine.

I'm getting dizzy and about ready to go home for the weekend.