Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:23:18 PM

Author Topic: Wizards drill one hole  (Read 6612 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Wizards drill one hole
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:55:11 PM »
Any chance to change the drill wizard to allow to drill only one hole?  Presently I use the linear hole wizard, pick two holes then delete the second hole in the code.  If I choose 1 hole I get an error.

Thanks

Vince

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
Re: Wizards drill one hole
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 01:02:47 PM »
You can drill just one hole using the Drill Hole Positions wizard. You just enable the position you enter in the DRO.

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 11:35:29 PM »
I looked and I can't find the "drill hole positions" wizard.  Where is it located?

Vince

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 02:15:46 AM »
Hi Vince, I am new to all this, on Mach3 anyway, and I have Ver 3.042.
On the Please Choose Operation screen it is in the centre row and listed as Multiple Hole Pattern, second in from the righthand side.
Once you click on that you are taken to the Tool Properties screen and then Continue on to Drill Hole Positions.
I probably could have made that a bit clearer originally but I was just on that page when I posted the response to your query.
Ross

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 08:18:10 AM »
Thanks, I found it.  In the circular hole pattern and linear hole patterns screens you have to specify at least 2 holes.  I just assumed it was the same for the multiple hole pattern screen.

Vince

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 09:31:29 AM »
Vince,
I haven't used the NFS wizard hole drillling wizrds in a while, but, you woud think they would allow a single hole.
There are some marco's that Milley posted for the mill and lathe that work quite well but you need to use them in a small program and can't be done via the MDI line.
RICH
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 11:32:28 AM »
This was one of the first things I hit with the Wizards too.  Kind of silly you can't do one hole easily!

Cheers,

BW
Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:

http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Offline RossF

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 12:07:02 PM »
Hi Rich and Bob -  you seem to have missed the point of my posting.
You CAN do a single hole easily if you follow the path that I described in my second post above.
And you can put them just where you want - even if you just jog to the position - note the DRO readings and enter them for the drilling position.
It's a clever little Wizard.
Ross