Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:55:19 AM

Author Topic: problems loading 283, have 279, won't update  (Read 4119 times)

problems loading 283, have 279, won't update
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
Hi Ron,
Long time since having trouble,but.. I been trying to update some things, in mach,and doing alittle house cleaning,and found NFW
283 on the page,and did so upgrading, however I saved the zip file in mach, extracted all in mach folder,and renamed the NFW file from NFW 283 to NFW. went back to mach and clicked wiz. and then NFW,and still show's ver.279. Is there something I forgot,or didI not do the right thing by not coping the file correctly... It's in the Mach folder, and unziped, made it's own folder,just not showing up on the NFW first page where the VER.2.79 is showing. Thanks,   Hank S.
Re: problems loading 283, have 279, won't update
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 07:15:32 PM »
Not an expert on this, however I know this works as just did it today.  I used this procedure because my shop computer is not on internet.  I downloaded 283 to flash card (or temp file on your computer), unzipped.  Then went to shop computer, found Newfangled folder in Mach Addon and deleted 279 files.  Then copied 283 files (bitmap folder + other files) to the Newfangled folder.  Restarted Mach3 and 283 was there.  Hope this helps.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 06:06:30 PM »
Alternatively, just rename the old folder ("oldnewfangled" worked) and copy the new folder to the Mach addons folder. You'll have both show up in your wizards menu. At least, that worked for me (hardware: XP on a GX520, Tormach version of Mach3).
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 03:08:18 PM »
Hi again,
I got NFW Ver.283 to the folder,and had some issues with ,there are 2 addons in the folder,One in the first, and click addons, to the second,Very confusing,but was doable, and got it to work. I did'nt have to rename the NFW, just deleted 4 of the NFW folders that were inside the 2 addons folders, I probably did it the Wrong way, but now, only have one addon, and one NFW, in the folder like it should be.Start fooling around inside of the Mach Programs folder,and you can expect things, to be cautious about, Especially if you don't know what your doing,as me.. But all is Well.. But very Confusing. and Works!    Thanks,   Hank S.