Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:33:17 PM

Author Topic: Error handling for VFD using brains (and macropump)  (Read 3261 times)

Error handling for VFD using brains (and macropump)
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:34:09 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone has some examples of error handling they've done using brains?  I've got the basics of starting, stopping and setting speed working ok.  I've been trying a variety of things but I havn't come across a single "perfect" solution for error handling.  Currently I am using brains to pull data from mobus into userDRO's and then displaying errors using a macropump.  Some of the issues I'm trying to address are:

• Report back errors from the VFD (overload, overspeed, etc) in the error box
  • Stop the job if an error is generated by the VFD
  • Issue a reset command to the VFD (over modbus) when the user clicks the RESET button - using some sort of latch

Thanks!

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Error handling for VFD using brains (and macropump)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 08:32:39 AM »
Yes,
  I do this with my Drive errors from servo drives and VFDs. What your  doing already is fine and workable.
you can send your error codes to a dro then send a messgage from the macropump depending on the value to match your error.
I recommend sending it to a ticker. Also, in you code you can do buttons depending on the error from the macro pump
Like if your error is for example 15 and that means you have an overload, then have your macro pump look at the target dro and if it matches 15 send a message, and a DoOEMButton(1021) 'estop.

in your Macro pump you can do a "interlock" (I have an exapple of an interlock in macro pump in the VB section search it), in your macro pump that watches the Reset LED, for sending you reset signal to your drive.

IMHO, it would be best to do this in a plug in, that way you could avoid some of the issues that SOMETIMES occur in the macropump. I would recommend trying out Eds New Plugin Wizard, if you ready for that kind of stuff, if not then macropump is the way to go.

scott
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 08:34:58 AM by poppabear »
fun times