Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 01:06:01 PM

Author Topic: Quirks with Lazycam  (Read 3225 times)

Quirks with Lazycam
« on: February 21, 2009, 08:04:59 PM »
I have not been able to determine if the problem we are having is in Lazycam or Mach3.  We are using a router on a 5' X 10' table to cut plexi.  All of our work is 2D and we are using ViaCAD 2D software for design. 

After opening a DXF file in Lazycam and tweeking it I send it to MACH3.  I then run the program and it cuts fine the first time I run the program.  Sometimes it runs fine 3 or 4 times.  Then it starts to PAUSE during a cut.  It almost seems as if it thinks it's moving because the y-axis is showing moving in MACH3 but the machine is not moving (router is still on). 

We have found that one way to remedy this is to completely shut down the machine and re-boot the computer.  This seems to clean things up for the first cut but then same old.

Anyone else ever heard of this and any ideas on fixing?

Thanks
Kevin

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Quirks with Lazycam
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 09:48:07 AM »
Kevin,
Just a guess, but think you are getting noise / rf / emi ( whatever you want to call it ) from the  router.
At some point the field is building up and causing interference.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »
That makes sense, never thought of that.  Now, how does one solve that problem?

Kevin

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »
Before we go on a wild goose chase and get into blackmagic how about trying to eliminate a few things.

1.Can you run thru the routine without turning on the router? If all is well then maybe it's the router. Changing brushes, wire routing, and grounding may help.
2. Steppers or servos?
3. If steppers are they getting hot? Now if not routing something the steppers are not doing as much work.
4. Your not playing around with your mouse when your cutting by any chance?

Don't give me a lot to go on as it could be a number of things but how about just running without the router on to see if that's the cuplrit. Oh, BTW, do you have the router hooked up such that your shutting it on or off  or changing
speed via MACH?

RICH