Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:32:43 AM

Author Topic: power went off  (Read 2526 times)

power went off
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:21:40 PM »
I'm new to cnc and please ,need some help as I was in the middle of cutting and suddenly power went off and when i restart my computer I don't know  how to start my G code and which line should I start to finish cutting.
thank you for your help
Re: power went off
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:29:32 PM »
I'm afraid that's something nobody else can really help you with.  You have to look at the code, and figure out where it was when the power went out.  First, you'll need to figure out how to get the machine positioned to the same "zero" point it was at the first time.  G-code usually starts with several lines of "setup" code - setting units (inches or mm), various modes (absolute or incremental), etc.  You want to re-execute those lines by setting "Single Block Mode", and stepping through them.  Once it gets into cutting moves (G00, G01, G02, G03, etc.), you can scroll ahead to the first line you need to start cutting again, and click on "RunFromHere".  I suggest you do this the first time with the tool well clear of the work, and make sure it appears to be making the right moves, then start over with the tool at the proper height.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.