Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 12:01:36 AM

Author Topic: No VFD voltage...  (Read 26321 times)

BClemens

Re: No VFD voltage...
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 08:20:52 PM »
Bill,

I'm afraid I completely don't understand what you're trying to do with the relay.  If the relay is supposed to energize the Minarik board, then it needs to be switching the "Hot" leg (black wire) of the AC input to the Minarik board.  You appear to have it connected to both the motor terminals and one AC terminal, which is wrong.  If you connect the motor to the Minarik, and connect the AC line directly to the Minarik, put the jumper in the "manual" position, with the potentiometer installed, the motor should spin.  If it doesn't, then I'm afriad your Minarik is toast.

Regards,
Ray L.

I'll be out of this circus. Ray seems to blindly go....

Henry, your drawing of the relay circuit is not a portion of the drive, but apparently a portion of a sensing circuit of motor function, but then ..

Ray L. has all your answers.

Bill C.

Offline H2

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 11:08:18 PM »
Ray / Bill -

Your observations of a sensing circuit makes sense.  I never looked at it back wards;-) 

I appreciate your inputs - and still trying to figure out how to energize the new board.  I will post when I get my head around it.

An electrical neophyte,  all the best, henry

Offline H2

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 04:13:52 PM »
OK - spindle works !

I was able to trip the Dayton relay with another relay (I am electronically challenged so left the original set up alone knowing it worked.) And I have control of the spindle through Mach3 on "M" codes and screen buttons.  What I do not have is control of the speed.  I am using a Campbell combo BOB and have a 0-10Vdc signal coming out but now need to adjust the signal to provide a linear signal that coincides with Mach3.  If anyone knows how to accomplish this I am all ears. 

Also when I use an "E stop" button everything stops as it should but when I reset the Estop.... the spindle comes back on, which seems incorrect.  I would assume this is a setting in Mach3  Any ideas on this one too?

Thanks - Henry
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 04:19:02 PM »
OK - spindle works !

I was able to trip the Dayton relay with another relay (I am electronically challenged so left the original set up alone knowing it worked.) And I have control of the spindle through Mach3 on "M" codes and screen buttons.  What I do not have is control of the speed.  I am using a Campbell combo BOB and have a 0-10Vdc signal coming out but now need to adjust the signal to provide a linear signal that coincides with Mach3.  If anyone knows how to accomplish this I am all ears. 

Also when I use an "E stop" button everything stops as it should but when I reset the Estop.... the spindle comes back on, which seems incorrect.  I would assume this is a setting in Mach3  Any ideas on this one too?

Thanks - Henry

Sounds like your E-Stop is not feeding back to Mach, so it doesn't know you've E-stopped.  You need to feed an E-stop signal back into Mach.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

BClemens

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 04:35:07 PM »
Pin 10 from the (Break Out Board) is E-Stop. Look at 'ports and pins' and the convention (^ or v) . The BOB has a Normally Closed e-stop signal meaning a jumper on J11 at the center of the IO terminals on the BOB is normal to run - open to e-stop. Ports and pins is your answer and you must play the game of logic.... is there a relay???? Everything must focus on e-stop and its logic and once it's done - it's done.

Bill C.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 04:38:26 PM by BClemens »

BClemens

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 04:53:50 PM »
The 0-10V is in relation to what information you have given Mach3 to feed in frequency back to the BOB to convert to the 0-10V. If you see 0-10V by the methods for test and adjustment of the Rev. 5 Board then you are not feeding that info voltage to the motor driver circuit. Are the jumpers on that board set for external input? When the spindle is running, do you have control of the motor speed via the driver ckt potentiometer?

BC

Offline H2

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2009, 06:01:32 PM »
I have control of the spindle via Mach3.  It is just not linear.  I adjusted the motor tuning parameters for the spindle and got a better linear match of programed to actual spindle speed.

The set up is step and direction not PMW as I have no encoder or feedback on the spindle.

Thanks for the info - it helped.

Henry