Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:45:48 AM

Author Topic: Connecting POINTS  (Read 5247 times)

Connecting POINTS
« on: December 22, 2008, 01:18:02 PM »
Hello,
  Using AutoSketch. Looking for a command or method to connect all of the following POINTS with a FITTED CURVE other than selecting the points 1 at a time. Is there a way to select all and connect them with 1 click ? Any hints as to what to look for ?
Thanks,
RC

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Connecting POINTS
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 05:19:07 PM »
Hi, RC

Probably not what you want, But LazyCam will post this dxf w\drill routine that can be edited slightly to cut the shape out, See below.

RinoCad has a feature called Poly line through Point's that try's to do It (Older Version hear).

Chip
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 06:48:35 PM »
Hi Chip,
  That's sort of what I was wanting.        Thanks
I had the Davinci files before my PC crapped out...they were perfect.
Now I'd have to pay for them and I don't need them THAT badly.
From here:   http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6011.msg39768/topicseen.html#msg39768
Thanks again,
Skype ya later,
RC

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 08:52:25 PM »
RC
You can use the arc command to come very close to connectng all the dots but you will create about 6 to 8 arcs to do it and it's quick to do. Don't know of any other way in CAD.
RICH
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 10:01:42 PM »
Hi RICH,
 There is a function in AutoSketch called "Fitted Curve" where you just click along point to point all the way around and it does fine. But its like 120 points...Royal PITA.
Graham W. mentioned a function in his CAD like "Create Spline from Points", then convert to curves but I do not see anything close to that here.
Also, dug around a bit and found some DWG files, thanks Chip, that convert well w/Autocad Lt.
All set now, thanks.
RC
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 09:26:26 AM »
I've just started using Vectrics Cut2D. It has a function for joining segments based on the distance amount you enter. I don't know how well this will work with points. If you want to post (or email) me a file I'll process it with Cut2D.

FYI: Cut2D is turning out to be awesome for doing 2D work. It'll take DXF, AI, EPS, PDF and generate beautiful G-code. THere are a ton of post-processers available as well. I have our creative people outputting PDF files and doing cuts on the first pass.

No, I do not work for Vectric  ;D
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »
Hey thanks,
   You can try the DXF in the topic opener if you'd like.
I'm OK now but curious to see what you get.
RC