Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 05:30:51 PM

Author Topic: Important Tip For All Autocad Users  (Read 12697 times)

Re: Important Tip For All Autocad Users
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 06:59:33 PM »
Not sure that LCam will read all the various DXF's in Autocad, but I just saved a drawing under the 2007 DXF format (Using AutocadLT 2009 Student version) and LCam read it without any trouble.  But, it wasn't text file, just a file with lot of angles and lines.

I am pretty sure that I have saved under other versions of AC and retrieved without problems since I don't always remember to use the R12 DXF format.

I have not been successful in bring DXF text into AC - nor has using the Text application in AutoCad produced TEXT that can be read by LCam.  For this I generally use two programs - CADX11 and DeskEngrave.  Using both I have developed text for several pieces that I have been working on.  DeskEngrave (a free program) will also produce a DXF file that LCam reads without any problem.

CADX11 is also a free program (although licensed version will handle much larger files).

Bob @ BobsShop

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 04:56:04 PM »
I use Autocad 2004 Lazycam loads all the 3 available dxf save formats . I have to use the drawing screen that comes up when Autocad starts up. I get no problems with the dxf's I save .When I load a template and do a drawing Lazycam will not load the dxf .
Hope this helps
Brian

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 06:12:19 AM »
Appendix "C" in the LAZYTURN Manual which can be found in Members Doc's covers DXF fiile imports
at a high level and would be worth reading. the info applies to Lazycam Turn also in my opinion.
RICH
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 08:15:14 AM »
I use Autocad 2004 Lazycam loads all the 3 available dxf save formats . I have to use the drawing screen that comes up when Autocad starts up. I get no problems with the dxf's I save .When I load a template and do a drawing Lazycam will not load the dxf .
Hope this helps
Brian
I wonder if thats the problem, I click new and enter for acad.dwg and save under whatever name I want.???
Brian.
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 10:51:26 AM »
Thanks for the tips!!