Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:14:37 AM

Author Topic: Steps per unit and XML question????  (Read 3318 times)

Steps per unit and XML question????
« on: February 11, 2009, 11:43:05 AM »
Yesterday I calibrated my router on all axis and used what mach suggested for the steps per unit and it cut everything great. The power went out briefly and my shop computer shut off. I then cut some more parts and then realized this AM that the parts were small and then I checked in mach and the steps per box went back to what was in the XML file the manufacturer sent me.  :o

How do I get the steps to stay after I calibrate the router??? I'm sure it's simple.................

Thanks,
Nick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Steps per unit and XML question????
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 04:00:03 PM »
It may have been that you had not done a restart of Mach before your power went iut. A restart is needed so that the new settings can be written to the xml, so if you change something it is often a good idea to restart Mach just in case something like that happens again.
 Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 04:05:36 PM »
So the shut down is necessary for it to take effect. :( Damn I thought I was doing good!!!

Thank you Hood you always help me and it is appreciated. If I was close by I would buy you a beer!

Thanks for your help
Nick.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 04:11:34 PM »
There is an option from the config menu called something like save settings which can be used, however it doesnt always work 100% so a restart of Mach is the sure fire way to do it.
Hood