Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:00:10 AM

Author Topic: Torch height control.  (Read 3668 times)

Torch height control.
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:04:29 AM »
After a week or so of running my plasma table, i've realized a torch height control is going to be a necessity. Getting actual motion is no problem, however im wondering what would be ideal to control the motion. The plugin page lists a THC system from candcnc.com. But it looks like it only works with their BOB system. Im running the dsp Motion Controller, so that should make a difference with what i can run. Also the basis for my height control is a voltage feedback value from the plasma unit. Something like 50-300VDC. Which can easily be scaled for a 0-10V analog signal etc.

Does anyone know of any other solutions, is anyone else running a plasma with any other THC system?

Full Digital Torch Height Control Expansion Module

HUH?  What's this?  Because the DTHC is now a tiny plug-in module you can make ANY UBOB based product into a full blown Digital Torch Height Control.  Comes with a matching THC Sensor Card for interface to your Plasma cutter.
NOTE:  YOU CANNOT HAVE A ISS-O2 SPINDLE SPEED AND DTHC-Expansion Module plugged in at the same time.

Doesnt sound like it would work with my dsp motion contoller...
Re: Torch height control.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:27:21 PM »
i am using a thc from rutex.it is a stand alone controller that drives a dc motor.used this since 2000 on a shopbot. last year i built new
plasma table and made an interface that allows mach to raise and lower z axis with a stepper motor . i only did that to reuse the rutex thc.although this works very well, i would consider using the candcnc thc. for a reasonable price you get a thc that is specifically designed to integrate with mach3.