Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:36:50 AM

Author Topic: Configuration migration  (Read 4755 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Configuration migration
« on: February 02, 2009, 04:21:23 PM »
I am in the process of setting up a new computer for my lathe.  I installed a copy of Mach on it and then moved my XML file to the new computer.  When I checked my serial modbus settings, nothing was there.  Do I have to go through all the configurations again or is there a file with all that information?

Thanks

Vince

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Configuration migration
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 05:24:40 PM »
Are you using the serial plugin? If so then it could be in the macro folder for your profile, thats where the tool offsets etc are.
Hood

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 06:08:25 PM »
Yes, it's a serial plugin.  I haven't even checked my tool offsets.  I guess I should copy the entire macro folder?

Vince

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 06:12:50 PM »
Yep, its a good idea especially if you have modified any, just need to copy your profiles macro folder, ie C:\Mach3\Macros\**** where **** is your profile name.
 Also Plugins and Brains folder and any screensets that are not standard.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 04:03:25 PM »
Help anyone?  I have just setup a new computer and I'm having problems migrating/using my old profiles.  I did a clean install of Mach3, moved my *.xml profiles, as well as my license file.  Mach seems to run ok, but I no longer get a profile menu - so I have no way to choose which settings to use on my new computer.  I'm stuck.

Thanks,

Steve

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 04:14:44 PM »
You can do this several ways, first way is to go to the Mach3 folder, right click on Mach3.exe and then down to  Send To then Desktop(Create Shortcut)
 You then can double click on the desktop Icon and it will give you the menu to open the profile you wish.
 You could if you preferred change that icon to open your profile direct without having to choose from the list, what you do is right click on the desktop Icon and choose properties then in the target line type in the following taking note of the spaces after the exe and after the p
C:\Mach3\Mach3.exe /p ********
The ******** will be the name of your profile, for instance if your profile was the standard Mill profile you would have
C:\Mach3\Mach3.exe /p Mach3Mill
If it was a custom profile called stevespo then your target line would be
C:\Mach3\Mach3.exe /p stevespo

Hood
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 05:08:54 PM »
Thanks so much!  I didn't realize the default icon was selecting the Mach3Mill profile for me automatically.  I'm back in business.  Thanks again,

Steve

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 05:11:16 PM »
:)