Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:55:43 PM

Author Topic: COM Automation Question  (Read 3787 times)

COM Automation Question
« on: September 14, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »
Hello all...
I'm at a bit of a loss here. I've recently re-installed Mach3 (after a total hard drive loss), and I am no longer able to use any of the OLE/COM automation features from my code, or from examples that also used to work (ie. the C# MachRemote). I've called /REGSERVER on mach3.exe, and using a viewer, I can see that Mach3 is in the ROT when running (as a GUID, not a normal name mind you)... But really can't get any further. The failure is always at the GetActiveObject("Mach4.Document") calll - which returns saying invalid CLSID. Anybody have any suggestions at all?

Thanks so much,
Brad Parcels
Re: COM Automation Question
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 06:51:28 PM »
For what it is worth... I've managed to get this working. For some reason, there was a few missing registry entries (despite several re-installs w/ admin permissions etc), specifically the HKCR\Mach4.Document entry.... No matter what I did, I wasn't able to get the program to create the entry itself (anyone know why?), but by exporting/importing the key from another computer that had Mach3 installed, everything is groovy again.

Cheers,
Brad
Re: COM Automation Question
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 02:30:40 PM »
Brad,
You have fixed the problem I am having. Not finding the ""Mach4.Document" entry!  Can you please detail what you did to fix the problem...
THANK YOU!
farmertom