Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:13:55 AM

Author Topic: Uncomannded motion with Homann pendant!! Please HELP!!  (Read 10282 times)

Re: Uncomannded motion with Homann pendant!! Please HELP!!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 09:37:42 PM »
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help I'll let you know if it crops up again.

I have a thought for your Pendant/ModIO system.. I own a Milltronics 4 axis mill and one of the best features on it is HandWheel Mode (HDW). Just before hitting cycle button, you can select HDW and the program only moves while the handwheel is being turned. Turn it faster and it will move upto the programed feedrate, turn it slower, and it can creep along. Stop turing and the program stops moving the machine. I use it all the time for test running programs. It's better than single stepping since the program can be held during the middle of a move.

You certainly have the hardware in place, just would seem to be some (or a lot of) programming....Thoughts?

Chuck

Hi Chiuck,

I understand what you are asking and can see how it woyuld be usefull. To implement it though it would need to be done by Brian at ArtSoft as it would use th MPG velocity as the feedrate.

Actually, I think that the MPG velocity is already in a accessable DRO, so a macro pump or brain could be written to set the feedrate from the MPG velocity.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com