Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:24:24 PM

Author Topic: Win a free Mach MAD Plug In  (Read 37758 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Win a free Mach MAD Plug In
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:47:53 PM »
The Mach Mad Plug-In was made by poppabear (Scott Shaffer) to aid in Maintence And Diagnostics. It will prove to be a most valuable tool for anyone customizing Mach. From Macro pumps, screen sets, setting up TCP or Serial Modbus devices and more. Scott will be selling the Plug-In for $10.00 but it will be worth much more than that. Considering the time he has put into it for $10.00 I consider it a gift. I hope everyone that can use this plug-in to help them will buy a copy from Scott. Although the Kudos are well deserved, on with the competition.

The rules are simple.
Scott would like to have a splash screen for his Plug-In. Post your idea of what the splash screen should be in this thread. It needs to have the words "Mach MAD Plug-In" only and a background image. The letters can be in any layout, color, font you choose. Scott will announce the winner Sunday night. As soon as he has the splash screen in the installer he will start mailing out copies to those who have bought the Plug-In. He will be sending it to the winner first of course. Keep in mind the wining screen will be seen by all who install the Plug-In.

This PlugIn will spoil you in a matter of minutes. You can use the dialog boxes to read a value in Mach or send one to Mach. Toggel LEDs, do button presses, send dro values etc.  The only ones you can't set/toggel are some that are read only. Each box can be filled in from the very complete list in the drop down menu for each box. The first screen that opens from the PlugIn Control when you choose Mach MAD is a quick pick screen. It has 10 buttons, 6 DROs and 6 LEDs as of now that you can assign individually. Lets say you have a brain and the Macro pump running. The brain is set to turn on User LED 2001 when the x axis DRO reads 8.150 and the macro pump turns on User LED 2002 when User LED 2001 turns off. You could see all this at a glance. You enter 8.150 into the x axis DRO by putting the value in and clicking update dro. You will see the Leds change states in real time. This is not a very elaborate example but I hope it helps you understand that this is a very powerfull and helpful tool. The screens can be re sized, each individually so it will be easy to see the important information you need to at a glance. This will help speed up your customizing efforts.

I have attached a screen shot of a dual monitor set up so you can see a good bit of the interface. You can use this on a single screen set up just as well.

Hats off to Scott,
Brett   
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:02:36 PM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Win a free Mach MAD Plug In
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:23:59 AM »
Hi:

Scott gets the prize for being the most dedicated of plugin students out there. Its very hard to jump in and write one and he did so with little assistance from anyone, and with not much background in such work. Kudo's to the effort and the plugin that resulted.

Art

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:38:46 AM »
WOW!!  Thanks ART!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank YOU, for the answers to questions you did give along the Plug in road. Also, thank you for even the ability to DO plug ins with the Software!!
I did learn alot by Pain and trial, but You, Brian, Ed Bryson all giants who helped when I got against a wall...........

Thank you again sir,

scott
fun times

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 04:27:44 PM »
Very cool that you're doing this, Scott, thank you.  :)

Just a question, is 600 X 250 pixels too large? Is there a limit in size that you'd like?

Also, we can't put Scott's name on it?

I'm going to take a stab at it  :P

Dave
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:53:11 PM by budman68 »
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 08:25:22 PM »
really it would be a more of a Small  100 x 100 pixel  "Product Icon".

You dont need to put my name in it, since i have an about page for those who really want to know........

I would like to have "Mach MAD" in the Icon somewhere.  The format will need to be a ".bmp" type.

other than that, go crazy man.

Just Remember: "Evil Geniuses for a better tommorrow"

:)

scott
fun times

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 08:33:58 PM »
100 X 100? I thought this was supposed to be a splash screen? Isn't that what Mach 3 has when it starts up and shows the "splash" screen?

Hmmmmmmm........

back to the drawing board.........   :D

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 09:10:50 AM »
What is the deadline for these today?

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 09:24:38 AM »
Yes today,

I want to send start sending it out on Monday, to buyers!

Scott
fun times

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 11:26:23 AM »
Ok, here's mine, let me know if it is indeed the correct size for you. I can do this in a gif, jpg, bmp, png, whatever you'd like.

I'm also including the big one I thought you originally wanted as well.   :D

Dave

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 01:39:12 PM »
Hi guys
Here is my entry

the bmp format is in the zip file