Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:25:13 PM

Author Topic: Mach MAD (Maintenance And Diagnostics)  (Read 12098 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach MAD (Maintenance And Diagnostics)
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 07:43:49 AM »
I have extended the deadline till tonight 10pm eastern time US.

So, Go for it Batman!

scott
fun times

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »
Well just been messing a bit with the plugin, not had a real go with it as time is short at the moment but looks great so far and think it will come in really handy when I start setting up the Beaver.

Hood

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »
"The Beaver"? huh............  Just something dont sound quite right about that............  Nothing like "workin on the Beaver"

:)
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
Mach MAD version 1.2 was sent out today to all, I have added a new feature!!!

the Control LED and User LED choice is now Remembered between opening/closing of Mach3 (I had several request for it, so I added it).
ALSO:  The control LED will SHOW the "Quick Picks" when you turn it on, AND, it will HIDE the ANY and ALL of the pages when it is turned off (upto all 8 of them).
When you Turn the LED back on, only the Quick Picks page will SHOW again, you will have to use it to launch SHOW the other pages like usuall. Just realize that if you playing with the LED functions and you toggle the state of the USER LED that you have choosen to contol the visibility of the windows you can turn yourself off..........

I put a "MAD Diagnostics" Button and LED on my Screen sets on my Diagnostics page, comes in real handy.

Further: I have NOT really noticed any impact on the Processor use time, with constantly running MAD vs. not running it. My comp has a 1.6 gig processor, so if your running a slow(er) comp check to see if you see any real impact if not, you can probably run it all the time if you want.

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 10:14:36 AM »
Greetings,

I made a "Stock OEM" Mach Mill screen set that has a "Mach MAD" button and LED next to it, to control the appearance and disappearence of the MAD Windows.
I put the Button/LED at the lower Left under the "History" and "Clear" buttons.  The Control LED next to it is UserLED 2220. You will need to put this number
in the Control LED box on the quick picks page, and hit the UPDATE button, also make sure the Radio button for "Use Control LED" is turned on.  If you are using Version 1.3 from the installer that I sent out to everyone, then Mach will remember the state of the control LED/and User number next time you open it.

The Screen set is called:  1024MAD.set
NOTE: the button and led are on the "Park" page so they display on all screens.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10463.msg65365.html#msg65365

Reply #28

scott
fun times

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 05:59:15 PM »
I have the plugin but have not used it much although I can see it is going to be of great benefit when I get round to designing my new lathe screen and also setting up my Beaver Mill (if I ever get the time :( )
 However Scott has added a few extra pages to the plugin, one which is extremely useful is you can asign a user LED to operate a macro (up to 15 different ones), this means you can  have an OEM trigger set the User LED via a Brain and then the macro will be executed, this is exactly what I have been wanting to control my Homing routine via an external button.

Great job Scott, well worth the money for that feature alone :)

Hood

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 10:10:34 PM »
:)

Thank-us-Maximus.............

Scott
fun times