Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:02:01 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 replace Enroute on a MultiCam rig?  (Read 4433 times)

Mach3 replace Enroute on a MultiCam rig?
« on: January 27, 2009, 12:38:22 PM »
Hi all, hoping someone might be able to chime in here. I'm helping out a buddy who has a model shop that includes a fancy MultiCam rig. They're running it on ancient hardware, a win95 P3 that I think was once used by Winston Churchill himself. They are driving it with Enroute via Serial Port. Lets just say that it is time to migrate to a new system and I call around to find out that Enroute upgrades are upwards of nearly 3k$. Times are tough, so it will probably not happen soon. However, after digging around on the internet, I've been introduced to Mach3 and am wondering what is the likelyhood that this will be able to work in the interim to drive the machine.

If so, what suggestions would be useful and what special information would be valuable to try to move foreward on this as a solution?

Thank you,
Christian.

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 replace Enroute on a MultiCam rig?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 01:43:12 PM »
Mach3 uses step and direction to drive the axis, some pictures of the current control and electronics would be a help.  The serial port is probably passing data to an on board processor, that would not be needed by mach.

Graham
Without engineers the world stops
Re: Mach3 replace Enroute on a MultiCam rig?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 01:54:57 PM »
Thanks Graham, yes it does indeed have an onboard ctrl. Just trying to determine if this might indeed be a solution. I have not downloaded the demo version yet as I'm not sure this will act as a solution.

It is the older brother of this unit: http://www.multicam.com/eng/Products/1000series.html