Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:01:28 AM

Author Topic: modio new ddl version 3  (Read 8136 times)

modio new ddl version 3
« on: June 07, 2010, 06:42:51 PM »
Has any one used the new version dll for modio for use with Peter Homann boards?
 I can now set up more then one pcb but I cannot configure the pin address it just give me a alarm once I push the configure button .can some one fix this problem other wise I will have 3 off the pcb up for sale their not worth the hassle to get them to run you need to play with this stuff for a least 5 years before you get any where and the manual from his site is about 3 years old.
Re: modio new ddl version 3
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 06:52:58 AM »
Hi,

The dll has not been updated and unlikely to be. Something in Mach3 has changed to cause it not to work, and I am not the author so do not maintain it.

The manual has not been updated for a while as the functionality has not changed.

That said, things in Mach3 have moved on somewhat with the brains functionality that Art wrote. You can set up the communications to each of the ModIOs in the new Serial Plugin config screen. Then use the Brains to interface to each of the ModIOs

As to wiring for RS485, which is needed for multiple ModIOs, they are wired as detailed below.

----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 03:20:01 AM »
Hey Pete,

Mabey paste a screen shot of the Serial Plugin Modbus, that is used to hook to the pendant kit....  It would show a way to hook to your various registers/functions using configs....

scott
fun times
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
some sort of help would be great as your manual does not explane any of this or the use of the register or use with brains .how about some sort of up date as you sell the stuff how about support it with a new manual as well

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 11:54:24 AM »
Pete has a users manual on his website for the ModIO.

Are you talking about the plugin set up?  I think John Prentice did the original plugin for the ModIO,  I did the one for the Pendent kit, dont know who did the one for the new ddl one.........

Perhaps Pete will chime in here and help you out.

scott
fun times
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 08:51:16 PM »
some sort of help would be great as your manual does not explane any of this or the use of the register or use with brains .how about some sort of up date as you sell the stuff how about support it with a new manual as well

I'll endeavour to put together over the next few weeks a set of engineering notes on how to use the ModIO with the newer "Serial Modbus with plugin support" and the Mach3 "Brains" editor.

In the meantime, have a look at the videos that Art did on the Serial Modbus with plugin support and Brains as they will be good background.

Introduction to brains
Advanced brains
brains and mpgs
serial plugin modbus

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com